Chapter 20: A Thought

In the place closest to the BOSS, the Squad fought the hardest. In this small space, there were nearly a hundred specimen jars placed in rows. The appearance of Leon and his team directly activated the monsters inside these jars.

Unlike the monsters encountered in the passageways, these monsters appeared incredibly fast. In almost an instant, nearly a hundred of them were fully activated.

Almost simultaneously, these monsters charged towards Leon and his team from all directions.

The Squad were well-prepared for this situation. The Druid, transformed into a giant bear, let out a roar, and a red aura expanded outward from the bear, attracting all the monsters' attention.

At the same time, the Shaman immediately cast the strongest defensive shield on the Druid, allowing it to withstand the first wave of attacks.

The thief stood directly beside Leon, holding a dagger in each hand, waiting for the right moment to strike.

The Hunter took a step back, raising his bow high into the sky, with an arrow glowing with a blue light nocked on the string.

As the Hunter released the arrow, it transformed into a rain of blue light. Amidst this rain of light, the Hunter's leopard rushed out like lightning, its claws slashing downward heavily, leaving a red scratch in the air.

Under the combined attack of the Hunter and his pet leopard, more than half of the monsters were knocked away, falling to the ground and unable to rise again.

The remaining monsters were on the verge of death and couldn't withstand even a casual blow from the Druid. In just a few strikes, all the monsters were cleared out, and the entire hall became safe.

Standing at the door, the Druid didn't revert to human form but sat directly on the ground. The thief patrolled nearby, seemingly guarding against something.

The Hunter and the leopard, having exhausted all their energy, lay on the ground, unwilling to move. The Shaman took out camping equipment and began setting up, then turned to Leon and said, "We'll rest here for about half a day. You can start collecting the corpses and equipment."

"Me alone?" Leon asked in some confusion.

"Yes. The Druid and the thief need to guard the door to prevent the BOSS from charging out. I need to prepare some supplies. The Hunter used up his most powerful skill just now and needs to recover, and he also needs to adjust his talents. The next BOSS won't be suitable for the previous strategy."

Hearing the Shaman's explanation, Leon didn't ask further. Since they had already confirmed that this place was safe, wandering through the passage should be without danger.

Moreover, Leon also wanted to explore the dungeon alone. Throughout this journey, someone from the Hunter's team had always been protecting him. Although this ensured safety, it also took away many opportunities for him to observe freely.