Chapter 23: Three-Headed Snake Bikadrak

The next morning, after staying up half the night reading, Leon finally woke up and found that the Squad were already prepared for battle, looking quite excited.

Leon was about to speak, but the shaman stopped him: "Today, don't say a word, lest you bring misfortune."

Leon was taken aback and then patted his head. He realized he was being foolish. Even in a game, especially at the final step of a continuous quest, one should never say things like, "I'll go home and rest after completing this quest," or, "I'll confess to so-and-so after finishing this." Such words are practically the beginning of a failed mission.

So, at times like this, players usually choose to speak as little as possible and wait until after the mission is completed to talk again.

Leon obediently kept his mouth shut. The Squad didn't say much either. After packing their things, they made a gesture to follow and started climbing up the metal ladder.

This ladder, which descended from the ceiling, was the passage leading to the location of the three-headed snake Bikadrak, and also the key area for Leon's mission [Cain's Memory].

Everyone who participated in the Land of Desolation dungeon knew of this hidden boss, but summoning it wasn't so simple.

First, you needed a large amount of flesh and blood as a sacrificial offering. Additionally, after killing the Modified Headmaster, you had to use the Headmaster's eye membrane to open the device and lower the metal ladder immediately.

Finally, you had to find the correct summoning altar. Without knowing the correct altar, even if you reached the summoning platform with plenty of flesh and blood, it would still be in vain.

At this point, most players would try to climb up the summoning platform and give it a go. After all, the platform would have a maximum of five altars and a minimum of three, which meant there was always a chance. Every player would think, "What if?"

However, for Leon, it was unnecessary. Since the [Cain's Memory] quest was related to the three-headed snake Bikadrak, the summoning scene he saw in Cain's memory would naturally be the correct way this time. As long as the passage was opened and there was enough flesh and blood, they could summon the three-headed snake Bikadrak.

This was precisely why the Squad didn't hesitate to agree to help Leon kill the final hidden boss.

The ladder wasn't very long. After climbing for about ten minutes, they emerged from the cave onto a platform at the edge of the coastline.

The platform was located halfway up a cliff, over ten meters above the sea level. It wasn't very large, only a little over a hundred square meters. Near the edge of the platform, there were five fire basins of varying sizes.

Looking down from the edge, Leon could see their target this time: the corpse of a giant sea beast nearly a hundred meters long.