Chapter 26: An Invitation from a Level 4 Player

The red light in front of him disappeared, and Leon felt a bit confused as he looked around. Although he didn't exit the dungeon through the normal route, he should be in the rental space of Sun City's High School right now. But why did it seem like he was forcefully sent back to the real world?

Looking at the countless skyscrapers that seemed to be made of matchboxes, Leon was at a loss. He still couldn't figure out what was going on.

At this moment, a voice came from behind Leon.

"Player DS-54370681-157?"

Leon turned his head and saw a middle-aged man in his thirties standing behind him. The man was dressed in an ordinary suit with no accessories, looking just like an average person. However, it was this ordinariness that made Leon uneasy.

One must understand that this game world revolves around the game itself, so even ordinary people would carry some traces of the game.

Take Leon, for example. If he were walking in the real world, he would surely have a box to store his game items or equipment. If he reached Level 1, he could even convert one or two pieces of equipment into reality.

For Leon, people who had nothing to do with the game could only be minors under the age of 18.

But the man in front of him was clearly in his thirties, yet his appearance seemed like that of an ordinary person. This situation was definitely not normal.

Before Leon could react, the man smiled and said, "Let's introduce ourselves. My name is Lucian Yorren."

Upon hearing this, Leon was stunned. Others might not know, but there were certain people in Sun City that everyone recognized, and one of them was Lucian Yorren.

Lucian was famous not only because he was one of the five Level 4 players in Sun City, but also because he was the head of the judicial system, controlling Sun City's police and military forces. He was one of the top few among Sun City's millions of players.

Leon couldn't imagine any reason why Lucian would be looking for him. The gap between them was just too vast.

To Leon's surprise, Lucian directly said, "Hey kid, got time to have a drink with me?"

Leon didn't hesitate and nodded right away. In the next instant, with a wave of Lucian's hand, Leon found himself transported to a bar.

The bar looked somewhat dilapidated, reminiscent of those in old films, with old songs playing. A few men and women, who seemed to be of some age, were drinking by themselves.

When they reached the bar, Lucian ordered two drinks—whether it was malt or beer was unclear—and brought them to a booth, motioning for Leon to sit.

At this point, Leon had regained some composure. He sat across from Lucian, carefully picked up a glass of beer, then put it down again.