Chapter 28: Efforts to Rent Space

[Player: Vermilion Oak Giant, Title: None]

[ID: DS-54370681-157, Gender: Male, Affiliation: Sun City High School Class 42973, Level: Lv0 (8 stars)]

[Attributes: Strength: 4, Agility: 3, Constitution: 5, Spirit: 6, Status: Good]

[Affinity: shadow Attribute Magic/Force Affinity, Natural attribute mana affinity, Water attribute physical force affinity]

Returning to his room, Leon noticed his attributes had changed, and the name that had been represented by a number was now replaced with his actual name.

At the same time, on the left wall where various resources and materials were stored, a unique frame appeared. Inside it wasn’t an object transformed into a card, but the shadow of a spear as thick as a thumb.

The same was true for the right wall, but this time the frame contained a floating corpse of a cyan dragon in a purple void.

These were Leon’s two major rewards from this mission: [Mosasaurus's Charred Spear] and [Mosasaurus's Dead Cyan Dragon].

Just after returning to his room, Leon was eager to deal with the cyan dragon. Originally, he had planned to bring the dragon to the school's rented space, but the delay caused by handling the Titan's artifact had taken at least three extra days.

The most time-consuming part was dealing with the soul fragment hidden deep within his soul.

At first, he hadn’t realized there was a soul fragment within him, so he hadn’t taken any action. After sensing it while drinking at a bar, Leon finally understood why he had grown so much over the years.

Players didn’t worry too much about soul fragments because they were relatively common. Some necromancers would even refine others’ souls into fragments to supplement their own soul strength.

Leon’s case was just a little rarer. He didn’t know when or how the fragment had been implanted in his soul, but it was clear that the dual mana and physical force affinity came from the foundational martial arts embedded in the soul fragment.

From this, it was evident that the original soul’s owner was quite formidable.

However, despite their wisdom, Leon wasn’t going to let the original soul's owner dictate his life. Among the various ways to handle soul fragments, there wasn’t an option to become the original soul's owner.

Players generally dealt with soul fragments in three ways: fusion, devouring, and assimilation.

Devouring was the most common method, used when the player’s soul was stronger than the fragment. By consuming the fragment, everything became the player’s own. However, devouring often led to missing pieces, especially if the fragment was heavily shattered.

Assimilation involved following the fragment’s path step by step, ensuring steady growth without straying. This method was safer, but it didn’t guarantee that the path would suit the player.

Fusion, on the other hand, was the most challenging. It involved learning the knowledge within the fragment but interpreting it in one’s own way, turning the fragment’s essence into one’s own over time.

This path required great determination. Most players chose this method when they encountered high-quality fragments, believing it held great potential.

Leon made his decision after discovering the soul fragment. He knew he was still young, already at level 4, and could live for millennia. There was no need to follow the fragment’s path completely.