Chapter 50: Azrak Nightshade and Sylas Greenvine's Choice

After hearing Victor's words, Leon's mood remained unsettled for a long time. He had understood that this testing ground would be the final stop for many players on this map. Here, they would obtain the information they wanted, and then take their last gamble to see if they could find some top-secret materials.

If possible, they would even try to see if they could obtain the original model of the Seven Knights V. That might be their greatest reward.

Leon was not surprised by this choice at all. These players, like him, were risking their lives. They knew what they wanted, how their paths would unfold, and what kind of harvest would be worth the risk, even if it meant death.

After thinking it through, Leon made his decision. He wanted the research data. He didn't think there would be anything good left for him at the Princess Tomb. On the other hand, the research data of the Seven Knights IV suited him better, especially since many aspects of it could be applied to the transformation of the Sea dragon.

With this in mind, Leon approached Lynn. She was conversing with another player at the moment. When she saw Leon approach, she merely nodded and gestured for him to wait.

Once the player had left, Lynn walked up to Leon, "What do you need?"

"The last day's operation is registered with you, right?" Leon asked directly.

"That's correct. It seems you've made your choice. But don't worry. Lady Ember has already planned everything. As long as we don't act recklessly, the chances of dying in battle are low. Besides, I don't think your target is the Seven Knights V, is it?" Lynn smiled as she asked.

"No, I just want some research data," Leon answered honestly.

"Exactly. I've looked into it for you. You can try to find the research data of Azrak Nightshade or Sylas Greenvine. That should be the most useful for you," Lynn confirmed, "First, search in the general area to see if my suggestion makes sense. Once you've decided, come to me to register. But you must follow orders."

Leon nodded, "Don't worry. I'm not the type to be insensible. Just tell me what needs to be done, and I'll follow instructions."

Lynn smiled without saying anything more and left.

Leon, of course, didn't linger there either. On his way here, he had already seriously considered it, and just as Lynn had said, the powers of the Seven Knights, especially Azrak Nightshade and Sylas Greenvine, were the most suitable for him.

Just hearing their names already gave away the nature of their powers. Among the Seven Knights IV, Azrak Nightshade was the smallest, while Sylas Greenvine was the second largest.

Compared to Adrian Solis's magma and Dorian Sandshade's earth, the materials that composed Azrak Nightshade were semi-solidified liquids. This liquid wasn't water but materials transformed from the souls of ghosts after death. Even though there was a standard method of transformation, these materials were relatively scarce, so Azrak Nightshade was always the smallest among the Seven Knights IV.

Of course, for this very reason, Azrak Nightshade was also the most capable of endurance in prolonged battles. Once Azrak Nightshade killed an enemy, the enemy's soul would be absorbed, becoming a part of its body.

Leon had studied this method while learning undead techniques, referring to it as the "ghost effect," which was generally disliked by normal necromancers.

If a slain enemy were transformed into a ghost, then the necromancer wouldn't be able to extract their soul, making it impossible to convert or craft the body into a suitable undead. Most necromancers didn't want to have a bunch of ghosts as subordinates. That combat style was too monotonous and had easily exploitable weaknesses.