Chapter 10

The following week, I met up with my friends Sara and Mia at our favorite café. The warm, inviting atmosphere and the smell of freshly brewed coffee always made it feel like home. Today, however, I was bursting with excitement and couldn't wait to spill the news about my first kiss with Colin.

"Hey! You're not going to believe what happened!" I announced as I slid into the booth, my heart racing with anticipation.

Mia raised an eyebrow, her curiosity piqued. "Did you win the lottery or something? Because you look like you're about to explode."

"Better!" I said, practically bouncing in my seat. "I kissed Colin!"

Sara's eyes widened, and her mouth dropped open in surprise. "Wait, what? You kissed Colin? Like, actually kissed him?"

"Yes! It was amazing!" I gushed, unable to contain my smile. "We were at the beach, and we were just walking along the shore, and then..." I took a breath, reliving the moment in my mind. "He turned to me, and I told him how I felt, and then we kissed. It was so perfect."

Mia squealed, her excitement mirroring my own. "Oh my God! I'm so happy for you! How was it?"

"It was... magical," I said, my cheeks flushing. "Like everything just clicked, you know? I felt this incredible spark between us, and it just felt so right."

Sara leaned in, a teasing smile on her face. "Okay, but give us the details! Was it a soft kiss? A passionate kiss? Did he sweep you off your feet?"

I laughed, shaking my head. "It was sweet and a little passionate. I mean, we were standing there by the waves, and it just felt so natural. I can't believe I waited so long to kiss him."

Mia grinned, her eyes shining with happiness. "It sounds like you two are really hitting it off. So, what's next? Are you going to be a couple now?"

"I hope so!" I said, biting my lip. "I mean, we've been spending a lot of time together, and we talked about going on more adventures. I really like him, and I think he feels the same way."

"Girl, you need to play it cool," Sara said, leaning back in the booth with a smirk. "Don't let him know how much you like him too soon. Make him work for it!"

I rolled my eyes, laughing. "I'm not trying to play games! I just want to be honest about how I feel."

"Honesty is good, but you also want to keep him intrigued," Mia chimed in. "You know, keep him guessing a little."

We spent the next hour chatting about everything—our jobs, our plans for the upcoming weekend, and the latest gossip. But my mind kept drifting back to Colin, the way he looked at me, and the warmth of our kiss.

As we wrapped up our coffees, I felt a surge of gratitude for my friends. They were always there to support me and cheer me on, and I knew I could count on them as I navigated this new chapter with Colin.

"Okay, but you have to keep us updated on your romantic adventures," Sara said as we gathered our things. "We want to know everything!"

"Trust me, I will!" I promised, my heart fluttering at the thought of sharing more moments with Colin.

As we left the café, I felt a renewed sense of hope and excitement. With Colin by my side, I was ready to embrace whatever came next.