Chapter 16

Adrienne

After a surprisingly rejuvenating breakfast with Colin, I felt a little more like myself. The coffee had kicked in, and with every sip, the hangover receded, replaced by a budding excitement. I looked around Colin's sleek penthouse, feeling a sense of comfort that I hadn't anticipated.

"Thanks for the breakfast, Colin. I really needed it," I said, placing my empty mug on the counter.

He smiled back at me, his green eyes sparkling with warmth. "Anytime. So, what's the plan for today?"

As I thought about my options, an idea popped into my mind. "I think I want to go shopping," I said, a grin breaking out on my face. "I need a little retail therapy after last night."

"Shopping? Sounds like a good idea," he replied, leaning against the counter, arms crossed. "Do you need company, or do you want to go solo?"

I considered it for a moment. While the thought of wandering through shops alone was appealing, having Colin with me felt more enticing. "Actually, would you want to join? It could be fun."

He raised an eyebrow, clearly amused. "Shopping with you? How could I resist? Just don't expect me to carry all the bags."

I laughed, feeling a flutter of excitement in my chest. "Deal. But you have to give me your honest opinion on everything I try on."

"Only if you promise not to take too long in the dressing rooms," he teased.

"Fair enough!" I replied, feeling the anticipation build. "Let me just grab my purse, and we can head out."

After a quick change into a casual but cute outfit-a fitted white blouse and high-waisted jeans-I felt ready for a day out. I grabbed my purse and gave Colin a quick smile as we headed toward the door.

The moment we stepped out into the vibrant streets of New York City, the buzz of the city invigorated me. I loved this place-the energy, the diversity, the endless possibilities. As we walked, I felt grateful to have Colin by my side, the anxiety from earlier replaced by a sense of adventure.

"So, where to first?" he asked, glancing around at the shops lining the street.

I bit my lip, scanning the options. "How about that boutique over there? I've heard great things about it."

Colin nodded, and we made our way inside. The store was filled with colorful clothes, unique accessories, and the soft sounds of indie music playing in the background. I could feel my excitement bubbling as I perused the racks.

"Alright, I'll be your stylist for the day," Colin said, feigning seriousness. "Just point me in the right direction, and I'll help you find the perfect outfits."

I chuckled, appreciating his willingness to join in. "Okay, but no judgment when I try on some crazy stuff!"

"Promise," he said, giving me a mock-salute.

As I began to pull pieces off the racks, I felt a wave of inspiration. I grabbed a flowing maxi dress in a vibrant floral print, a sleek black jumpsuit, and a couple of playful tops. Colin offered encouragement as I headed toward the dressing room, my heart racing with excitement.

"Just remember, if you look fabulous in something, you have to buy it!" he called out as I stepped inside.

I rolled my eyes playfully. "No pressure, right?"

After trying on a few outfits, I emerged from the dressing room, twirling in the floral dress. "What do you think?" I asked, feeling a bit shy but also exhilarated.

Colin's eyes lit up, a genuine smile spreading across his face. "You look amazing! That color really suits you."

"Really?" I asked, my cheeks warming at his praise. "I wasn't sure if it was too much."