Percy

Chapter Twelve: Percy

Percy blinked one more time, wondering if he was dreaming or not.

He had seen that pair of big red eyes before, someone--or something really big and scary. He saw anger, hatred and insatiable hunger trapped in its eyes. And heck yeah, Percy knew the exact reason.

His instincts kicked in. He gripped his hand firmly on Riptide and the other pushing Annabeth behind him. He grimaced in pain, turning his wounded back over Annabeth so that she could not see the pain in his face.

"Percy...?" His girlfriend asked. "What's wrong? Have you seen someone?"

He turned over to look at her, those sea-green eyes bearing into those stormy gray eyes with a look of weariness and anxiety.

"Something." He corrected. He searched her soul in those stormy gray eyes, desperate for her to understand what kinds of challenges that lay ahead in front of them. "Annabeth, I want you to understand, no matter what happens, do not show weakness---even what's standing before you is your--" 

"--what are you talking about?" Annabeth asked, even though she already knew the answer.

"Promise me you can do it."

She placed her hand on his cheek, searching for that happy-go-lucky, troublemaking look that was always written across his face, only to know it was replaced by a worried, scared and desperate look."Percy, what's hap--?"

"Promise?" Percy insisted. In the back of his mind, he knew Annabeth could do it. She was one of the smartest and bravest demigods he had ever known, except for one small factor.

Annabeth staggered back. "I-I promise."

Then suddenly, rustling sounds echoed throughout the void. The sound-waves bounced back and forth, sending chills down Percy's back.

The red eyes appeared again, dilated. It slowly walked towards them its furry legs emerging from the darkness. The legs slowly appeared one-by-one.

Percy counted;

Two.

Three.

Four.

Six.

Seven.

Eight.

'Eight legs?' Percy gulped at the thought.

Beside him, Annabeth stifled a scream that echoed throughout the emptiness. Percy had only seen that terrified look on her face when she sees a spider near her.

'Whoa, hold up. Spiders?' Percy thought.

He was beaded with sweat. Annabeth's the only human being in this world that can shut him up and prevent him from doing crazy things. But if Annabeth, herself, is out of her wits, what chance do they get?

Percy needed her wisdom more than ever, but he was sure dam (A/N: Get it? Inside joke. XD) sure that Annabeth needed him ten times more than he needed her.

"Arachne."

The goddess smirked. Without a word, she lunged for Percy as fast as lightning, pinning him on the ground. Percy struggled to be free from her grasp, but failed to do so.

"No escaping now, Perseus. You are now in my embrace." She simpered, followed by a low chuckle.

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N:

So this is the last of the Second Cycle of the POVs! I know this was a bit short and weird but I'll promise I'll make it up to ya'll!

VOTE | COMMENT | FAN | <3

Stick to the Normal and Stay Weird! <3