Chapter 6

Paige's POV

I ran down the street crying. I don't know what I did! I feel like crap! What the hell happened between us? We've been such close friends forever and than all of a sudden we have a huge, stupid fight!

I wasn't watching where I was going and tripped over something. "Are you ok?" An un-familiar voice asked.

"No I'm not!" I sat there crying, "I'm a mess! I just lost my best friend. And I'm talking to a complete stranger!" I didn't even look up at the boy standing there.

"Oh I'm sorry to hear all of that. And by the way I'm not a complete stranger, I've seen you around school we've just never talked." He said sitting down beside me with a long board in hand. I looked up to reveal one of the new kids.

"Oh hey, I'm Paige." I said smiling now, but still soaked with tears.

"I'm Ethan, and this is Grayson." He said pointing to his identical twin brother standing up in front of us.

"Is there anything we can do to help?" Grayson asked.

"You probably don't even know what happened to Miranda, so I don't think you guys can." I sobbed.

"Miranda?" Grayson said shocked.

"Yea, she's my best friend. She said something happened to her at that party but won't tell me." I said and Grayson sat down on the opposite side of me than Ethan.

"I know what happened." Grayson said looking over at me.

"You do?" I said tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Yea. I guess this Nash guy tried to rape her or something. I helped her get away from him and back home to her house."

I didn't say anything I just sat there crying, again.

"Hey it's ok." Ethan said and gave me a side hug.

"No it's not! I should have been there for her! But I wasn't!" I said standing up now.

"Paige it's not your fault you couldn't make it to the party!" Grayson said.

"I just don't know anymore!" I said walking away from them.

"Paige wait up." Ethan called. I didn't stop until he grabbed my arm.

"What?!" I snapped, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to be rude."

"It's ok." He said, "all I wanted was to give you a hug. She probably still loves you. She's just upset right now."

"Thanks Ethan." I smiled, "can I get your number?" I smiled at the ground. I felt my cheeks go red.

"Of course." He smiled putting his number into my phone.

-Paige