Training and Taming

Hiccup stopped and bowed down to the Alpha. The Vikings just stood their in shock at how huge this creature was.
"Who are these.....people?" He bellowed to Hiccup.
"My king. I found these people outside the nest. So I brought them here. It turns out that the woman is my mother and the man with the red beard is my father. I do not wish to harm them."
"Very well. But if they put one foot wrong, they go!" The Alpha warned Hiccup and then sunk back down into the clear water. Valka just stood their. Watching her long lost son speak with dragons. The Alpha then sunk back down in the water and Hiccup walked back to me.
"You.....you can speak with dragons?" Stoick asked. Hiccup nodded.
"The Alpha said that you's can stay. If you don't harm the dragons!"
"The dragons? They've killed hundreds of us!" Stoick seemed shocked that his son wasn't afraid of these killing creatures.
"And you've killed thousands of them! Dragons are kind gentle creatures that can bring people together." Hiccup fought back. Suddenly their was an ear-piercing roar, and a Night Fury landed behind Hiccup. It's eyes looked angry and it was advancing towards Stoick and Gobber.
"Son. Isn't that the same Night Fury that took you fifteen years ago?"
"Yes. And I'm glad he did. Otherwise I would be a killer. Just like you Vikings." He growled at me. He then mounted the Night Fury and took off into the swarm of dragons that spiralled around a pillar. No sooner then he left that did some dragons land next to us. Their was a Hotburple, Rumblehorn, and the same Stormcutter that broke into the house all those years ago. The Stormcutter walked over to me curiously. I backed up a bit. Stoick went to protect me but I put my hand out and stopped him. I then turned my head and extended my hand towards the Stormcutter. Five seconds later I felt his scaly nose on my hand.

I gasped. My wife who has never touched a dragon, just trained one. Maybe I was wrong. Maybe we can train dragons. I watched Valka show Gobber how to train the Hotburple. Gobber was soon smiling and laughing as he rubbed the dragon on the head. She then advanced to me.
"Please Stoick. Just....try and train a dragon." Valka pleaded. I couldn't resist.
"Okay! Just don't make me regret my choice."
She told me to name to the Rumblehorn first. I decided on Skullcrusher. She then got me to turn my head and extend my hand. I did, and within seconds I felt the tough scaly nose against my hand.
"You won't regret your choice." Valka said happily. I rubbed the Rumblehorn and he purred back. Hiccup suddenly appeared out of nowhere and smiled.
"Now! That's what I'm talking about!"
"I guess your right. Dragons are trainable." I admitted.
"Well.....now your ready to fly." Those words hit me hard.
"I prefer to have my two feet on the ground thank you very much." Gobber and I said in unison. Hiccup turned to Valka. She smiled and jumped on the Stormcutter.
"Valka no!" But of course she didn't listen. Hiccup mounted the Night Fury and followed Valka around the spiral and over the Bewilderbeast. Gobber couldn't resist it any longer. He mounted the Hotburple and they slowly flew after Hiccup and Valka. Skullcrusher nuzzled my arm and purred. I looked him straight in the eyes.
"Stoick! You've got to try this!" Gobber yelled to me. I turned back to Skullcrusher.
"Just don't kill me." I grumbled. Next thing I knew, we were flying at break neck speed along with Hiccup, Valka, and Gobber.
"Alright. I don't often it admit things, but this time I will. I like........riding a dragon."
"I knew you would change your mind eventually." Hiccup smirked.
"Have you named the Stormcutter yet?" He asked a very happy Valka. She nodded.
"Cloudjumper."
"And you Gobber?"
"I think I'll name him Grump."