I Thought You'd Never Ask

"Welcome to our new home bud." Hiccup whispered to Toothless as they swooped into a cave that leads to the centre of Dragon Island.
"Woohoo!" The twins yelled as they hung upside down on Barf and Belch.
"It's a bit dark isn't it Hiccup?" Fishlegs quivered with fear. Astrid just smiled and followed Hiccup. Snotlout was taking the rear of the colony of dragons. So he was way behind. They had all agreed that for the time being, Dragon Island was their best option to stay on. Plus there were already many dragons on Dragon Island, so Hiccup and Toothless could train a few more.

Toothless started to slow down and flapped his great wings as he landed gently on a pointy rock. The dragons rocketed past him and spread out before picking their spot to land. Toothless had ordered several Gronkles and Whispering Deaths a few days before to create some light in the caves.
"Hey! Where's the light?!" Toothless roared. Gronckles smiled and blasted towards a certain piece of wall it broke down in one piece about the size of several Yaks to reveal the bush land of the island. Whispering Deaths shot in from the roof which caused it to collapse on itself. Dragons dodged and Hiccup hid under Toothless. When the dust cleared the roof was opened up like a volcano. The sun shone in and the cave was very well lit now.
"Alright, I gotta admit. That was pretty smart of you's. But be careful next time." Toothless replied.

Hiccup slid down off the rock and and went over to Astrid. She was at the side opening of the cave, looking out at the trees and sea in the far distance. He snuck up behind her and surprised her in a hug.
"Ah! Hiccup! You scared me!" Astrid put her hand on her chest to emphasise the point. Hiccup chuckled but continued hugging her. She sighed and leaned into his chest, listening faintly to his heart beat going steadily. She turned to face him and smiled when he pretended not to notice.
"What are you thinking about?"
"Lots of things. But mostly you." He replied dropping his gaze down to her. She smiled again and leant forward to kiss him. He met her half way and kissed back. They hugged more tightly and kissed more passionately. But as always, something or someone has to ruin the moment.
"You two slobbering again?!" Toothless snapped as he walked past. Astrid jumped in fright before glaring at Toothless. She was able to now understand Dragonesse. She was just having a hard time speaking it.
"One day you'll be kissing Azzurri! Then you'll understand what it's like!" She managed to say back. Azzurri who happened to be close by blushed like an idiot. Toothless turned and glared back at Astrid but didn't say anything. Hiccup grabbed her hand and pulled her along.
"Come." He said. She blushed and followed willingly.

They chased each other around the forest and soon it turned to hide n seek. Astrid was looking for Hiccup this time. She stepped over a log and looked over the other side. No Hiccup. Sighing she sat down and watched the forest for any movement. Hiccup made a noise before jumping out and tackling her to the ground. She expected something like this to happen so she rolled along the ground with Hiccup before they came to a stand still. She was on top of him at this point, her arms wrapped around him and her nose about a centimetre from his. He smiled as he pulled her closer for another kiss. This was the first time he had had a chance to be with her in a nice way since they first became boyfriend and girlfriend. They kissed before he rolled over so he was on top of her. He shuffled his weight so he wasn't completely on her because he was probably a bit heavy. She fiddled her fingers through his hair as they kissed again. Because they weren't married they couldn't do anything else other than kiss. They both new that. Hiccup stopped kissing her and moved next to her. They both looked up at the tree tops and sighed.
"I love you Astrid."
"I love you to." She replied, hugging him. He stood up and helped her up. They once again stood facing each other. He fumbled around in his pocket before pulling something out.
"Can I ask you something?" He asked persuasively. She nodded back.
"Ever since i first laid eyes on you when I visited Berk I liked you. And then as we got closer I realised I couldn't live without you in my life. And.....well,.....what I'm saying is......could....would you like to....marry me?" Hiccup finally spat it out. Astrid gasped and momentarily let go of Hiccup.
"Oh my goodness! I thought you would never ask! Of course I'll marry you!!" She jumped up and down like a little kid.
"You will?!" He smiled bigger. She nodded her head eagerly. He embraced her in a big hug and swung her around. They then kissed again before he placed her engagement ring on. It was silver with a heart on top made from a Deadly Nadder spike.
"It's gorgeous!" She smiled at it fondly.

Astrid and Hiccup arrived just on dusk at the new cave. Toothless could tell something had happened between them because Hiccup couldn't stop smiling. And Hiccup rarely ever smiled for this long. The twins walked over and talked about some cool thing a Terrible Terror did. Ruffnut suddenly had the feeling that Astrid was dying to say something. She looked her up and down before spotting the ring. Her jaw dropped and her hands covered her mouth. Tuffnut stopped talking and stared at his sister.
"See! I told you that you just zone out at times! And she thought I was weird." Tuffnut shoved his sister in annoyance only for her to not hit back.
"Your getting MARRIED??!!?" She suddenly screamed out, startling the pants off Tuffnut. Fishlegs ran over followed by Snotlout.
"Okay. Yes we are getting married! You didn't have to scream it out Ruff." Hiccup replied.
"CONGRATULATIONS!!!!" Suddenly erupted from the gang. Even Snotlout was happy for his cousin.
"What about your parents? How are you going to tell them?" Fishlegs suddenly dropped the question.
"We won't tell them. We'll just let them figure it out." Astrid answered for Hiccup with a smirk on her face.