Astrid

"I can't believe that he can't remember us!" Snotlout groaned as he sat down on a log. Fishlegs nodded in agreement.
"Dragons must have been a big part in his life." Astrid added. She sounded as if she were somewhere else. The twins had departed from the group when Hiccup left. It was nearly nightfall. A light breeze blew over Berk and the trees swayed slightly. Everything was calm, everyone was relaxed. Except Astrid.
"I'm going for a walk." She said quickly before walking off. Her double-sided axe was clipped to her back as she jogged away. Fishlegs and Snotlout headed home after a short chat on who looked better.

"I can't believe that he can't remember any of us! Those stupid dragons probably infected his brain with something!" Astrid spat as she threw her axe at a tree. It cut in deep. She went to pull it out but it wouldn't budge.
"Really? Now?" She groaned and sat underneath the axe and leant against the tree. Why? Why? Why?! It just doesn't make sense. Astrid thought very deeply. Something rustled next to her, on the other side of the tree.
"Who's there?" Nothing came at her request though. Astrid had no weapon on her so she felt vulnerable. Hiccup suddenly stepped out followed by the Night Fury.
"Hiccup! Don't scare me like that!"
"Oh, sorry Astrid. I had to escape from mum and dad. Usually about this time I'm flying on Toothless. I guess I'm not used to talking to people anymore." Hiccup apologised. Astrid was just staring at Toothless, her eyes were wide with fear. Hiccup followed her gaze.
"Ahh. Toothless, he's my dragon and my best friend. You can touch him if you want."
"Touch him? Why would I touch a devil like him?!" She snapped. Toothless gave a low growl and Hiccup replied to it.
"You must be mistaken. He is not a devil. He is very friendly and will risk his life for mine."
"Your kidding me?"
"No. I'm not. Here I will give you a demonstration." Hiccup smiled and gestured for Astrid to stand up on a rock so she could see the sky. He then mounted Toothless and they flew high up into the air. Toothless levelled out and glided smoothly. Astrid watched with interest.
"What is Hiccup going to do?" She whispered to herself. The answer soon came because Hiccup slid off Toothless and fell towards the ground. Toothless swooped down and, just before he would reach the tree tops, caught Hiccup. They landed and Hiccup slid off. Astrid jumped off the rock.
"Unbelievable." She managed to say. Hiccup chuckled.
"What?"
"Your face is so classic. It looks like you've seen a ghost!" He burst out laughing. Toothless gave a gummy smile and sidled over to Astrid. She backed away.
"He won't hurt you. Let him smell your hand." Hiccup stopped laughing and gently held Astrid's hand near Toothless's head. She was shaking nervously. Toothless could tell she was nervous but he bumped his head against her head lightly anyway. She gasped.
"Everything we know about dragons.....is wrong." Astrid rubbed Toothless's head even more. He purred back.
"Your not even close to seeing what dragons are really capable of. Come, let me show you what I know. Let me teach you everything there is to know about dragons." Hiccup asked Astrid in such a persuasive tone that she couldn't resist. She nodded in agreement. Hiccup mounted Toothless and held his hand out for Astrid. She hesitated, but after looking at Toothless in the eyes she jumped on.

"Where is Hiccup?" Valka asked Stoick. He raised his head from the list of things he had to do tomorrow.
"He went for a walk. It's a lot for him to handle Val, let him have some alone time." Stoick replied. Valka realised that she was worrying about Hiccup when she didn't need to. Toothless was with him. He would be safe.
"Woohoo!" She heard a female voice say. Valka and Stoick both ran out to see Hiccup and Astrid on Toothless. Toothless was doing spins, flips, and everything else. Valka couldn't resist any longer. Cloudjumper was standing next to her, watching the whole spectacle. She mounted on and they to, did spins and flips. The sun was nearing its decent behind the vast sea. The chilly night was setting in. Hiccup landed in front of Astrid's house.
"That was so fun! Thanks heaps Hiccup." Astrid smiled as she jumped off Toothless.
"Thank you. It's was fun and Toothless wanted some exercise anyway." Hiccup replied. Astrid couldn't keep herself together anymore. She was directly in front of Hiccup in two steps. And in two inches, had her lips on his. Only quickly though. She then turned around and went into her house. Hiccup was just standing there. Surprise was the only thing written on his face.
"Hey. If you don't mind, I'd like to eat something." Toothless spoke up.
"Right. Let's head back to the house."