King Of Dragons

Hiccup was in a panic. He would run to the Forge and then to his house, and then back to the Forge because he forgot to get what he originally went for. Toothless watched him in annoyance. Couldn't he just slow down for a second? Even Azzurri was confused as to what Legend said and why Hiccup was panicking. Toothless watched Hiccup walk past again and stuck his tail out, tripping Hiccup over.
"Toothless! I'm not in a mood to play and I need to get to the Forge! I forgot my helmet!" Hiccup yelled. Toothless rolled his eyes.
"If you don't stop running to and from the Forge with your helmet already in your hand, I will continue to trip you over." Toothless walked over gestured to the helmet. Hiccup suddenly realised that he was overreacting. Legend had specifically told them both NOT to come and he was about to defy that order? How could he?!
"Sorry bud. My bad. Do you want to go for evening flight instead?"
"Now your talking."

Although he tried and tried to forget what Legend called out so abruptly and in such a desperate tone about, Hiccup couldn't sleep. And neither could Toothless or any other dragon.
"That does it! Let's go Hiccup, something is wrong and we need to go see what it is!" Toothless stomped on the floor and bared his teeth. Hiccup nodded, grabbed his stuff, and took off outside. Astrid happened to be waiting for him at the docks.
"What the.....how.....how'd you know I'd come here?" Hiccup jumped off Toothless and ran over to Astrid. Astrid gestured to Toothless and then Stormfly. Hiccup got the picture.
"Why didn't you wake the rest of the gang up whilst you were at it?" Hiccup groaned at Toothless.
"Hey Hiccup! Barf and Belch wouldn't leave us alone. They led us here." Ruff and Tuff spoke unanimously.
"Yeah, no kidding. I've never seen Meatlug this excited before! She kept pushing me all the way over here." Fishlegs scratched his head in bewilderment.
"And I have missed out on all my beauty rest! Hookfang wouldn't stop burning my bed!" Snotlout implored. Hiccup sighed and mounted Toothless.
"Let's go!"

The great icy pillars of the nest rose above the dark grey clouds. The sun making them seem a far away dream as they gleamed and glinted in the early morning light. Six dragons flew above the clouds swiftly. Yes six! Five had riders, but the other was disappearing in and out of the clouds. It was Azzurri who followed the gang closely. The dragons new she was there but didn't say anything. Toothless suddenly became nervous, really nervous. The other dragons caught on that and started to fidget and fly off course. Toothless called them back to order and swooped down into the clouds. Azzurri followed above them until they could see land below, and it wasn't a pretty sight. Dead dragons littered the ground and Vikings either dead or badly injured were everywhere.
"What happened here?" Hiccup managed to choke out. Astrid landed Stormfly in a bare patch and walked around. Azzurri landed with her and kept a sharp eye out for live Vikings. Toothless landed near the entry to the nest and waited for Hiccup's next command. Hiccup dismounted and walked slowly into the nest via a few tunnels. When they arrived, they were surprised to see quite a number of perfectly fine and healthy dragons.
"Where's Legend?" Toothless dropped the question like a bag of rocks. Hiccup mounted Toothless and guided him out the top of the nest. Toothless roared loud and clear, calling Legend. No reply came.
"What could scare Legend so much that he would retreat?" Hiccup scratched his head in confusion. Toothless suddenly stopped flapping and glided in the air, listening extremely carefully.
"Tooth...Toothless?" The very faint and dead voice came to him. Toothless shot down towards the sound and scanned the area.
"Oh no. No!" Hiccup jumped off Toothless and pulled out his flight suit, landing gently beside Legend's great head. He was alive, but not for long. Two massive holes from another Bewilderbeast were in his back. Blood was now only slowly seeping out.
"How did this happen?!"
"Drago. Drago Bloodvist......has....Bewilderbeast. It......defeated....me, but left.....all the....dragons. I will no longer....be the.......King of Dragons." Legend wheezed and coughed as he spoke. Toothless aproached him and dropped his head in honour of his King. The gang had by then spotted Legend and were watching from a distance.
"Toothless. You....must listen to me...now. I.....Legend....King of Dragons....am dying. But....in my place...I put Toothless, Night Fury and prince.....of dragons, as King over my domain!" At that, Legend took his last breath and died.