Cages

The sun rose slowly, showering Berk in its ray's of light. Terrible Terrors were singing loudly, arousing Vikings from there deep sleep. Stoick was already up and over at the fields where a yak had gone missing. Toothless was jumping up and down on Hiccup's roof top. Valka was making breakfast for the dragons. She already new that the dragons would bring in food. And they were. Four dragons brining in food was already a big help to the village.
"Alright I'm coming!" Hiccup yelled to Toothless, who immediately stopped making a racket. Valka opened Hiccup's door slowly and peeked her head in. Hiccup was slipping a shirt on as she looked in. She gasped. Several scars, big ones, covered his back. Hiccup swung around when he heard someone.
"So...sorry son. I thought you were still asleep." She said hurriedly and walked down the stairs. Hiccup new she had seen the scars on his back. But he didn't want her to tell anyone. Walking over to the mirror he lifted his shirt up and looked at a few the covered his sides. Armoured dragons had done this to him. They were being controlled by a bad alpha. Hiccup grabbed the rest of his armour, put it on, and jogged down the stairs. Valka wasn't in the house, so he grabbed a raw fish and tucked it into Toothless's saddle bag before hoping on. Cloudjumper was in the distance and was descending down in a field.
"Quick bud! Don't let mum tell Stoick about my scars!" He told Toothless in dragonese. Toothless roared to Cloudjumper who roared back. Stoick was walking towards Valka who was about to get off. Toothless swooped down and grabbed Valka.
"Ahh! Hiccup!" Valka gripped to Tothless's black shiny legs. Stoick whistled for Skullcrusher but it would take a few second for him to arrive. Toothless swooped through trees and landed on a bare patch. Valka stumbled but recovered quickly.
"What are you trying to do? Kill me!" She yelled. Hiccup was taken a back from her sudden outburst but also understood.
"I know that you saw the scars. And I don't mind. But don't tell dad! He mustn't know." Hiccup explained.
"Sorry for yelling. But.....how'd you get them?" Valka asked more quietly.
"It's a long story."
"Please. I'm happy to listen."
"Perhaps another time. I'm not in the mood at the moment." Hiccup sighed before mounting Toothless. Skullcrusher suddenly appeared with Stoick upon him. But Toothless had already gone.
"What was that all about?" Stoick asked a worried Valka.
"Umm.....nothing dear. Hiccup was just having fun." Valka walked past Stoick to Cloudjumler who had watched the whole scene. Stoick new his wife was lying but decided not to push her now.

Toothless glided over and around Berk. The sun was up and shining brightly. Warming the Vikings below. No wind blew and no dragon made a sound.
"What's that?" Toothless turned his head. Hiccup looked down and spotted a round large arena looking thing. It had a roof that looked like it could be lifted up by a metal contraption.
"Let's go and have a look."
So Toothless flew down and landed in the middle of the arena. There were five large metal doors built into the wall. Hiccup slid off Toothless and examined the doors. A stand full of weapons was near the first door. A shuffling sound came from within.
"Toothless. Plasma blast!" Hiccup ordered. Toothless blasted at the door but it didn't budge. Hiccup examined it even more and found a lever. He tried to push it up but nothing happened. He pushed it down and the door groaned and creaked open. Toothless backed up and walked over to Hiccup. A blue Deadly Nadder flew out, shooting spikes everywhere. It spotted Hiccup and spread its wings defiantly.
"Hey! I'm a friend. I won't hurt you." Hiccup spoke reassuringly in dragonese. The Nadder was surprised that Hiccup spoke there language. Toothless talked to the Nadder as well.
"He is my rider. We are second in line to the throne of the Alpha of Ice. Hiccup will not harm you." Toothless spoke calmly. The Nadder tilted its head in curiousity. She flattened her spikes and folded her wings in a relaxed way.
"How many more dragons are there?" Hiccup asked her.
"Every cage has a dragon in it."
So Hiccup pulled down the lever of every cage and calmed the dragons that came out. Little did he realise that he was being watched by an ever growing crowd of Vikings. All up only five dragons came out. The Nadder, a Monstrous Nightmare, Gronckle, Terrible Terror, and a Hideous Zippleback. They all gathered around their new found friend and waited for a command. Hiccup only then noticed the crowd that was watching him. Snotlout, Fishlegs, Astrid and the twins were watching as well. An idea suddenly started to come up into his mind.
"You guys! Come on down." He called them over. Snotlout was down first, followed my Astrid, then the twins. Fishlegs was extremely nervous but he was with the others soon enough.
"I'm going to get to the point. Do you guys want to ride a dragon?"
"Are you crazy?! Those things will kill us!" Snotlout argued. Astrid punched him in the back.
"I will." She said walking next to Hiccup.
"Good. Now, you pick a dragon that you feel you can handle." Hiccup gestured to the row of dragons. Astrid like the Nightmare but the Nadder had more weapons and she looked a bit more gentle.
"I think the Nadder and I will go well."
"Great. So the first step to training a dragon is to name it." Hiccup told Astrid. He then asked the Nadder to fly around the arena.
"Stormfly! That name suits her well."
"Ok, Stormfly it is. Now the second step is to bond with her. And to do that you must turn your head away, and raise your hand. If she leans her nose into your hand it means that she had bonded with you." Hiccup explained and did an example with Toothless. Astrid was a little bit nervous but did what Hiccup said anyway. Gasps came around the crowd as Stormfly instinctively leant her head against Astrid's hand. Astrid was smiling wide and Stormfly was almost waging her tail!
"Well done. The next stage will be flying, but I suggest that you two hang out for a while and bond some more. Stormfly will be happy to play some games with you."
"Thanks Hiccup!" Astrid called to him as she led Stormfly out of the arena. Hiccup turned to face the gang.
"Who's next?"