5

You felt awkward at dinner.

Lucy had Natsu, Sting had Rogue, and you had no one. So at the table before all of the food came out, you spent most of the time texting Lisanna. Of course, she couldn't be by her phone every single second, so you would scroll through art blogs, up coming art gallery events, something to keep you busy so you didn't have to talk or interrupt anyone. You hated interjecting yourself in a conversation where you didn't belong. Sometimes you wished you were more like your sister. Maybe it's because she was closer to your mother, and because mom had Lucy, dad had to have you.

"Y/n? You okay?" A voice asked, snatching your attention away from the phone. Looking up, you saw that it was Rogue. He sat across from you, with Sting next to him. Across from Sting was Natsu, then a Lucy, then you.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine." You assured him, giving him a small smile.

"You're pretty quiet. I'm not really used to you being so quiet."

"What do you mean? I'm usually always this quiet."

"I just mean that you seemed more social when we had class together."

"That's probably because it was a subject I liked." You laughed a bit. "And I'm pretty sure Lisanna was also in that class, so... you know."

"I get it. I'm definitely a bit more social when my friends are around, especially Sting."

You both laughed a bit, but then you had stopped when you heard Lucy's voice cut through. "What are you two talking about?"

"Nothing really." Rogue answered her. "I was just saying how I'm not really used to her being so quiet."

"Y/n can be pretty shy around people she doesn't know." Lucy smiled softly. "She's been like that since she was just a baby."

"Lucy..." you scolded through gritted teeth.

"When she warms up to you guys she'll be more talkative. It took her a while to get used to Natsu."

"Everyone takes a while to get used to Natsu." Sting joked.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean!?"

"Here we go." You rolled your eyes, slouching in your seat. Sting and Natsu bickered over the table as Lucy and Rogue tried to calm them down. It was quite a sight, and people in the restaurant started to get annoyed. Feeling flustered, you got up from the table and walked outside for some fresh air. Almost as if on cue, Lisanna had texted you back.

Lisanna👯‍♀️💖

Dinner is so awkward.

Please help me.

I  don't know what to do

I feel like I'm going to die of embarrassment
Read 7:18pm

Just take a breath!

Everything will be okay, promise!

Have you talked to him any yet?
maybe you should make conversation
with him instead of texting me, haha!😅

I wish I had the confidence to
do so, Lisa😭 tell me what
to say, please?

I really don't know what to do

Just be yourself! He seems nice
enough! Talk about art, or anything
really! Just talk to him!