Chapter 1

In the hospital corridor, Min Yoongi said grimly while holding a biopsy report... “Taehyung, the results are out... If the surgery is successful, the five-year survival rate for a 3A malignant tumour is 15 to 30 percent...” The said male gripped the arm rest tightly with his slender fingers... His petite face was pale and solemn... “Dr. Min, how long do I have left to live if I don’t do the surgery?” The older male looked at him with raised eyebrows “Six months to a year... It’s different for everyone... In your case, it’s better to do two rounds of chemotherapy first before the surgery... It will prevent the risk of the tumour spreading or undergoing metastasis...”

Taehyung looked down with a sigh, and tightened his grip around the arm rest "I... I don't want to get the surgery done" His heart was pounding like crazy he did dare see Yoongi's reaction "Taehyung sweetheart listen and try to understand, these surgeries might look scary but be strong, will power is a person's greatest strength"

The younger male shook his head in denial... “Dr. Min.. please help me keep this a secret... I don’t want my family to worry...” The Kim family was bankrupt... Taehyung already had to bend over backward just to cover the medical expenses of his father... If his family knew about his illness, it would undoubtedly make the situation worse...

Yoongi sighed helplessly and said “Don’t worry... I’ll keep my lips sealed... I heard that you’re married... Your husband—” Taehyung didn't allow the doctor... or technically his college senior to complete “Hyung, please take good care of my dad... I have to go now...” Taehyung seemed very reluctant to talk about this and left quickly before he could answer... Yoongi shook his head... Rumour had it that Taehyung had dropped out of university and gotten married... The top genius in medical school had fallen from grace into devastation...

Throughout the two years of his father’s treatment, Taehyung was the only one who took care of everything... Even when he had collapsed from illness and was sent to the hospital by passersby, his husband had never shown up...

Before returning back home he decided to pay a visit to his father... He went to the VIP room and gently knocked the door

Mr. Kim slowly opened his eyes and a soft smile appeared on his lips seeing his beloved son there "Taetae~..... What a pleasant surprise my son " his voice was weak just showing how this sickness is throwing a troll over him "How are you Appa?"

The older male somehow managed to break a weak smile... "I am doing fine now... Hopefully I will be out of this bed soon..." Mr. Kim was quick to read the uneasiness on his son's face "Baby... What happened?" Taehyung didn't say anything, instead he just smiled and shook his head which made the older male to sigh "TaeTae... Sometimes... it's better to set things free... Don't hold onto something that was broken long ago... grant his wish and divorce him... set him free... set yourself free"

Taehyung bit his lower lip before glancing at his father with a smile that never reached his eyes "Give me some time Appa i promise he will soon be free from me... For now, tell me honestly, how's your health?Do you feel chest pain like before? And how is your headache? Yoongi hyung told me you were throwing tantrums to eat meds last night, is that true?" He seriously asked while playfully glaring at his father

Mr. Kim gave him a cheesy smile "Sorry baby... but I am tired of this place... But I am serious Tae... fulfil his wish and move on with your life... He has done nothing but to turn your life into a living hell" It's true, there was once when Taehyung, who was also pregnant, fell into the water with Park Jimin, his husband's first love... Amidst his struggles, Taehyung saw the older male swimming toward Jimin with all his might... Due to the ordeal, he and Jimin both went into labour prematurely...

Taehyung had been rescued too late and missed the optimal window for receiving treatment... By the time he arrived at the hospital, his baby had died in the womb... Seven days after the death of his baby, Hoseok asked for a divorce, but he had not agreed to it...

Why? Because it was less of a marriage and more of an agreement states Hoseok's parents will provide for Taehyung's father's treatment in exchange of half of the company and the raven haired male as their son's slave- sorry i meant husband if the raven haired male back away from this marriage then they stops paying for Mr. Kim's treatment and no son can see their father in a death bed hence even after being hurt and humiliated endless time he is still living with Hoseok tolerating all the torture that older male has been throwing in his direction with a smile for and only for his father "Still Appa to be healthy you have to take care of yourself and take your meds on time... Promise me that when I come back next time you have to be better than now, please Appa. I hate to see my so much energetic Appa weakly laying in bed. I want to see you walk now... Please you have to recover for me your Taetae "

Mr. Kim nodded and smiled widely... "Of course, son" Taehyung kissed his father's forehead and walked out of the hospital room... Now that he knew about his illness, Taehyung could not deny the divorce any longer... He dialled Hoseok's number with shaking hands, and he picked up after the third ring...

He said coldly “I won’t see you unless it’s to get divorced...” Tears filled Taehyung’s eyes as he forced himself to swallow his words about the illness... Jimin's voice suddenly came over the phone in the background... “Seokie~ it’s time for the paediatric check-up...” The tears that Taehyung had held back for a long time flowed down his face that instant... His child was gone and his family was ruined, but Hoseok now had a family with someone else... It was time for all this to be over.

He no longer begged the older male like before... Instead, he said weakly... “Hoseok, let’s get a divorce...” The older male was obviously stunned for a moment over the phone... He laughed coldly and said... “Taehyung, what tricks are you playing this time?” the said male closed his eyes and said “I will wait for you at home...”

Hoseok hummed "I am busy now... I will come tomorrow" without waiting for Taehyung's reply he cut the call, with tears in his eyes Taehyung was about to leave the Hospital when "Tae wait up" his former senior and his now doctor's voice echoed in the lobby... The raven haired male immediately wiped his tears and let out a faint smile "Hyung... I am getting a little late is it something important?" The older male excitedly nodded his head and took him back to his cabin "Okay I have found a way to raise a donation for your treatment... So now you don't have to think about anything but your health "

Taehyung smiled, the same fake smile he has been giving to the world for the past 2 years... "It's okay hyung... I have also found a way to make things right... Now, don't you have patients to treat? Go go go" He pushed the doctor back in and started walking towards the place which he once called home...

___________

The villa, adorned with luxurious pieces, felt like a haunted house... Every min was just another torture for the younger male... A doorbell made Taehyung stand up from his place and open the door, today... he didn't want any maid to open the door for Hoseok... It had been a long time since the older male had last stepped into the house they shared during their marriage... He had expected to see the dining table laden with his favourite dishes prepared by Taehyung, but the villa was dark and empty...

The sky always darkened too early during autumn. Night had fallen although it was only 6 pm... Hoseok spotted a vase of wilted flowers on the dining table... Knowing the younger male, he wouldn’t leave wilted flowers sitting on the table, so there was only one possible explanation... Taehyung hadn’t been home recently and had most likely been taking care of his father at the hospital... When his icy gaze fell on the younger male, a chill went down Taehyung's spine... “Where were you?” Hoseok asked frigidly...

"To the hospital" Even though Taehyung was nervous there is no point in lying again but again not lying doesn't mean vomit out every single truth...  Hoseok has never truly been a part of life and now that he is on his deathbed he doesn't want the older male to be a part of his end days either

"So? You got the papers?"

*No Proofread*