3.0

Kiley:

I decided it was time to take Andrew home to meet my parents. Mom has been noticing me being moody and strange lately, so I told her about Andrew.

She's been nagging me ever since.

My dad has been vigilant about it, but sometimes he cracked embarrassing jokes. I seriously hope he doesn't make one today or he'll feel my wrath.

Andrew had his arm around my shoulder as we walked through the neighborhood. He had this small, cute smile on his lips that made me feel happy.

He makes me feel strange. I've never experienced this feeling, but it's strange, and I like it.

Finally, someone besides my parents, makes me feel happy.

Once we made it to my house, I knocked hard on the door to let them know I'm here. Opening the door we stepped inside and Andrew closed the door behind us.

Mom and dad came from the kitchen and stood in front of us. As my dad's gaze fell on his arm around my shoulders, Andrew swiftly pulled it away, his face heating up.

'Mom, dad, this is Andrew.' I signed, then pointed at Andrew who walked towards my father and shook his hand.

My mom gave him a hug with a cheeky grin.

Andrew smiled at both of them, genuinely and gave me a soft look.

'We are together.'

My mom's lips instantly formed a huge grin as my father gave an approving smile and pulled Andrew into a 'bro-hug'.

I saw Andrew smile and hug my father back, patting his back.

'You have our blessing,' my mother signed. Which made me want to bury myself six feet under.

After we talked a bit about us being an item, we went to the living room and sat down. There was a silence.

...and my dad just had to.

'Andrew, did you know Kiley sleeps with Nemo pajamas."