4.2

Andrew:

It was almost five in the afternoon, and there was still no sign of her. I have to find her before sun down.

I attempted to call her more than ten times and sent her over twenty messages. Non answered. Calls went directly to voicemail and messages were unread or ignored.

I went to the park, nearby beach, libraries, school grounds. Where is she?

By the time I walked into a deserted area not too far from a lake. It was about six, the sun was slowly setting, making my heart pound faster against my chest.

"Kiley, where the hell are you?" I said, hoping she would magically hear me somehow.

Last possible thing would be the lake.

I took off sprinting to the lake, which was about a 20 minute run. My lungs were screaming by now and my legs felt like they were on fire.

It was almost six thirty. I made it to the lake, it was empty. The sudden urge to cry was too much.

Rubbing my eyes, I sat down on the muddy ground close to the water. The moon's reflection on the water gave me light to see in this darkness.

My eyes burned with tears and I sniffed. Letting myself break down there.

She's gone... she's missing. I can't find her. I failed her mother.

I let her go again...