•Chapter 13•

(Mara's POV). ...

I've been a awake for a while now. But I don't want to wake up Preston. I just think of what's going to happen today. What if Savanna and I get into another fight. A year slips from my eye. Savanna has always been there for me. I've been wanting Preston to notice me for 3 years. And when he does he makes a stupid mistake and now she wants him gone. This is so hard... I feel Preston move and I try not to wake him with my crying.

"Hey...I thought the tears were over." He says hugging me.

"I'm just thinking" I say.

"Come on let's get up and take a walk. It will make you feel better."

I agree and get changed. Thoughts fill my mind. What if Savanna is walking too? What if she told people? And what if they see me? What if I get left alone and people start harassing me? I walk out to the living room and go to Preston. I hug him and sigh.

"Do you feel a little bit better today?" He asks rubbing my back.

"A little bit" I quietly say.

"Good. Now let's go."

We walk out of the condo and start walking down the street. I grab Preston's hand. He smiles and looks at me. He hasn't cut his hair in a while so it's super long, by he still has it up in a semi quiff.

"Wait a second" I say stopping us.

I quickly put his hair so he has his bowl cut again. Here he is. The boy I grew up to love. Only his face looks a lot more mature and adult like. I feel like I'm falling in love all over again. I smile really big.

"It's you." I squeak out and give a shy smile and laugh a bit.

He smiles at me.

"It will always be me." He says.

I take his hand again and we start walking again.

"Do you want to go to five guys for lunch?" He asks.

"I don't have any money on me." I say.

"Don't worry about it I'll pay"

"I'll pay you back."

"Don't work about it. My girl is not feeling good so I want to make her happy by taking her out to lunch." He smiles.

"Okay."

We walk to five guys and walk in. Savanna and Lachlan are there.

"Do you want to leave?" Preston whispers to me.

"No, I can't have her ruin my happiness again." I say putting my hand on Preston's stomach.

"There's my girl. So brave" he says kissing me on the forehead.

I smile and we get in line.

"Hello! Welcome to Five Guys! What would you like?" The man asks us.

"I would like a burger medium rare with mushrooms, onion, tomato, lettuce and avocado. With mustard and ketchup." Preston answers.

"And for the beautiful girl" the man winks.

Preston grabs my hand. I can see the jealousy in his eyes.

"Can I have a burger medium rare, with cheese and ketchup? Please." I say shyly.

"Sure thing. Please wait over there and wait for your number to be called." He says giving us a number.

Preston's phone goes off. It's a text from Lachlan.

🌵= Preston
🐟 = Lachlan

🐟 You guys have some balls for staying in here. Like I'm not mad about it but Savanna is.
🌵 This isn't her house she can't tell us to get out.