Chapter 9 ~ Gabby

• Dedicated to Stephanie Southam

Chapter 9 ~ Gabby

Okay, my little outburst was way out of line but Spence deserved it. I stormed to my room and I had to fight the urge to kiss Louis on the cheek to thank him. I slammed my door close and locked it. I walked over to my iPod dock and pressed play. Over Again by One Direction started blaring through the speakers. Man it's like this iPod knows me today. So I turned the music down and started singing just to take the pain of memory away.

Said I'd never leave her 'cause her hands fit like my t-shirt,
Tongue-tied over three words, cursed.
Running over thoughts that make my feet hurt,
Body's intertwined with her lips

If you're pretending from the start like this,
With a tight grip, then my kiss
Can mend your broken heart
I might miss everything you said to me
And I can lend you broken parts
That might fit like this
And I will give you all my heart
So we can start it all over again.

I heard a little applause coming from outside my door. I paused my iPod and walked over, opened the door and who should be standing there but a member of the band whose song I just sung. Louis Tomlinson.

"Bravo! Your voice is amazing!" he exclaimed, walking into my bedroom.

"Oh no, please! Walk right in!" I said sarcastically. "What do you want?" I said, closing the door behind me.

"I was just checking what time you wanted to go," he replied, looking at all my things, including my photos.

"Sometime around 2am maybe." I said. "And don't touch my things!" I snapped. He immediately put the picture of me and Spencer on our first day of school back on the shelf where he found it. "Sorry. It's just uh... I don't like people touching my stuff," I explained.

"No worries. I can live with that," he said like it was nothing at all.

I was just amazed. He had just seen me scream at my brother and snap at him but he was still talking to me. What was wrong with this kid? Or should I say man?

"You are not going to scare me away, you know?" he said to me almost reading my thoughts.

"How did you know that I was thinking that?" I asked him.

"It's a habit," he said simply. Man, I thought, he's very good with feelings. I now know why girls love him even if they haven't met him. I just think of him as a friend. That's why Eleanor and him basically belonged together.

"Well, I'll be getting up a bit earlier," I said to him, explaining what I was going to do. "I would be making some bacon and eggs tomorrow morning so I won't actually have to wake up early tomorrow just to have brekkie."

"Okay! That'll be cool! See you tomorrow, then!" he exclaimed very excitedly. He must be looking forward to meeting my friends. He will love them. That I am sure of.

+_+_+_+

So I had my purple Converse sneakers, green t-shirt, black cardigan and my favourite jeans on and I was waiting for my friends to come off the plane. Louis was standing next to me wearing jeans, sunglasses and a hoodie. Very subtle, isn't it? (Note the sarcasm)

I woke up at 12:30am and I had to wake Louis. Does anyone actually know how hard it is to wake up a 21 year old? 'Cause it is very hard. He actually nearly hit me. When I told him there was bacon and eggs waiting for him on the table, he shot out of the bed and raced into the kitchen. He completely scoffed down his food and ran to get changed. I took forever to eat, shower and change. We actually left at 2am on the dot so we made it to the airport in good time. While we were in the van, he asked me whether I had Twitter. When I said no, he went off his nut.