Chapter 23 ~ Dhara

Chapter 23 ~ Dhara

"Achoo!" a small, feminine sneeze came from the cupboard. That was weird. Grace gasped almost as soon as it happened, cuddling up to Zayn in fright.

"What was that?" she asked quietly, looking at the cupboard door worriedly.

"I don't know," I answered, looking at the cupboard as well.

"Shit. Nice going, genius," a male voice scolded, hitting something. "Now they've heard us."

"Well done. Now they definitely know we're in here," the female voice refuted.

"Yeah, well, I wasn't the one who sneezed," the male voice retorted.

"I wasn't the one who cussed," the female said. I pictured her rolling her eyes.

"Cussed? I swore because you gave us away," the male scolded. A moment's silence came before a thud sound came. "I can see what you're doing."

"You don't have to hit me over it!" the female bickered back. Liam got up slowly, edging closer to the door. "Why did you do that?"

"Maybe because you can't be quiet!" the male huffed at the female. Their voices sounded familiar but I couldn't exactly work them out. Liam reached out to the doorknob and he opened the door quickly revealing two figures. The two were almost nose-to-nose with each other and their heads turned to us.

"Gab? Dylan?" Spencer said incredulously.

"Hi!" Gab replied sheepishly, grinning nervously. "Surprise?" she shrugged, holding her hands out.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked, standing up.

"We were supposed to be you're surprise," Dylan explained, "until someone gave us away," he scolded, looking down on Gab. Oh! I get it now. Acting.

"Oh, and by someone, you mean you," Gab retorted, folding her arms across her chest.

"Me? You were the one who sneezed!" he exclaimed. Gab started mimicking him and he smacked her over the head. "I can see you better now."

"Doesn't mean you smack me!" she yelled back. Oh, they were good. I took a glance at Spencer, who was looking amused at the whole situation. He must have known I was staring because he looked over at me and smiled. He knew. He could definitely tell.

"Maybe it would knock some sense into you!" Dylan retorted, folding his arms like a five year old.

"It might-" Gab went into deep thought, rubbing her chin. "I can't think of a good comeback," she whined.

"Okay!" Natasha said quite loudly. "Before it turns into a big fight, what are you guys doing here?" she said, breaking up their little fight.

"We told you. We were supposed to be your surprise," Gab rolled her eyes. "Now, I'm gonna listen to music."

"Why?" Harry asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Because then I won't have to listen to annoying voices," she said, glaring at Dylan. She pulled out her iPod and earphones, plugging them into her ears. She double-clicked her home button and pressed play, starting up a song. Her foot started tapping the floor, the beat for all of us to hear.

"Does she always do this?" Niall asked Spencer, who was completely amused by Gab and Dylan's little argument.

"Yeah, all the time," Spencer chuckled. "It's 'that time of the month'," he said, putting quotation marks around part of his sentence.

"Huh?" we all asked at different times. "She just had them, though," Cat pointed out.

"Not them," he explained. "There is always a time of the month that she acts all bipolar but not because she's taking painkillers. It has been that way since we were kids."