Chapter 21 ~ Dylan

Chapter 21 ~ Dylan

Why does she have to be so frigging stubborn? Does she want to get sick? Honestly, I love her to death but she drives me nuts! Nuts! I just hope she actually did take her medicine last night.

I walked out to see a cluttered mess near the kitchen and her medication and tea missing. Yes. Tea. She has her own favourite tea that no one apart from her can drink. I remember so much about her. The way she loved her art, music, the way she always thought the most important part of a song was music not the lyrics, the way she sung, her lyrics telling a story. I remember the way she hated heaps of food like how much was on a plate, the way she voiced her opinions in a way that annoyed others. I love the way she laughs, sings magically, is sassy in her own way. I love the way she used to look at me, the way she dressed on our dates. I remember her broken heart when I yelled at her, her sadness and regret when she broke up with me. I remember what she loved, what she hated, how she made me feel everytime I saw her.

The mess continued in the kitchen and went to the bathroom that we shared. Papers were around the coffee table, laying anywhere, all messed up. I looked around at the mess in shock until I saw something that caught my eye. The only piece of paper that wasn't on the floor, laying on the kitchen bench neatly. I walked over to it and picked it up to see Gab's handwriting on the page.

Dylan, If you are reading this, then it's morning and you've noticed I'm gone. I'm not going to tell you where I am but please know that I am alright and I'll come back soon.

Love Gab xx

PS: If you work out where I am, don't try and follow me. I would like to be alone.

If I work out where she is? She didn't leave me any clues. How does she expect me to work it out? Unless... Spencer would know.

+_+_+_+

"She's alright and she'll come back soon? She didn't tell you?" he asked over the phone.

"Nope. Nothing. Man, I'm freaking out," I said frantically. "I know she wrote not to worry but- you know," I whispered as if I was afraid someone would hear.

"I'm not blind. I saw how you were when she fainted," he said. I could almost picture him rolling his eyes at me.

"I love her. She's the most stubborn person I know and she makes me feel like-" I started to say before he cut me off.

"Ah, ah, ah!" he said loudly. "I don't want to know that. That's my sister you're talking about," he added.

"I heard something about Gab," I heard a muffled but familiar Irish accent come through the phone. "Put it on speaker," he said, the phone clattering a bit until I heard a click. "HELLO!!" Niall yelled.

"Hey guys!" I said, knowing it was on speaker. "Who is there?"

"Natasha!" someone said, sounding giddy from sugar.

"Liam and Steph," someone said in disgust. I heard a thump hit something and another one came moments after it. "They can't really answer right now. They're sort of in the middle of a kiss."

"Basically everyone apart from Louis, Eleanor, Zayn and Grace," someone else said. "They took a separate car. They have a double date," they explained.

"So... how is Gab?" Niall asked excitedly.

"Were you even listening to what I was saying?" Spencer said exasperatedly.

"You know if it has nothing to do with food or my family, I don't pay attention," he answered like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Gab went somewhere for a little break. I don't know where though," I said worriedly. He's going to go off at me. He's going to go off at me, I repeated to myself. I silently counted down in my head. 3... 2... 1.