Chapter 20 ~ Gabby

Okay, I will make this clear. The italics in this are Gab's dreams/flashbacks. When you return to normal writing it is what is happening in the real world.

+_+_+_+

Chapter 20 ~ Gabby

"I want a go, Spencer!" I yelled after my brother. "You promised!"

"I never promised nothing," he said to me, poking his tongue out at me.

"It's my turn with the bike!" I said angrily, stamping my foot on the ground.

"Okay. Okay!" he surrendered, jumping off the bike and wheeling it over to me. "I'll always be there for you, through the tough and the good."

"Do you pinky promise?" I mumbled, holding my pinky out for him. He immediately intertwined it with his as he laughed slightly.

"Pinky promise from the bottom of my heart," he smiled with me. I started our secret handshake and it was fun as anything.

+_+_+_+

"I don't want to go, Mum," I whined, fixing to her as she was fixing my dress a little. She licked her hand and flattened my hair out before wiping my face. "Eww! Mum!" I groaned. She just laughed.

"You have your brother and your sister," she said. "Your brother will be with you every step of the way."

"Same with me," Elizabeth added in the background, looking like a princess as always. "Until I go to bigger school, you'll have me," she said, walking over to me and hugging me.

"I know," I mumbled, hugging her back tightly. "I just... What if people think I'm weird?" I asked desperately.

"People won't think you're weird. You explain to them. They will understand," my sister said, crouching down to my height.

"Does this look okay, Mum?" Spencer asked behind me. My mum clapped adoringly and excitedly. "I don't look stupid?" he asked again.

"You look wonderful!" she answered gleefully. I'll miss my crazy mum. I'll miss being around the house so often. I'll miss pre-school. I have friends coming with me but I'll miss my nap times in the afternoon. Apparently, you don't get nap times in the older years. That sucks. I love nap time.

"Spencer..." I said, reaching my hand out to take his. He placed one in mine and I pulled him into the hug with Elizabeth. "I hope we aren't different," I mumbled into Elizabeth's dress.

"We won't be. We'll have each other, right?" he asked hopefully. I nodded and embraced him in a big hug. I heard a shutter click which could only mean one thing. Mum took a photo. I hate photos so much. I look weird in them.

"Off to school!" I said enthusiastically, grabbing my brand new school bag. He copied me and joined me at the door. Mum laughed at us both, opening the door and unlocking the car. Big school, here I come!

+_+_+_+

Lizzie walked down the staircase elegantly, looking beautiful in her brand new social dress. My sister is in Year Seven. This is her first social with the school.

"Oh! My darling!" Mum exclaimed, hugging her tightly. "You look amazing!"

"She looks like a princess waiting for her prince," I stated, Spencer nodding with me. Lizzie blushed slightly but embraced us both in a hug.

"I love you two crazy people!" she cooed, ruffling our hair. I matted mine down the best I could while Spence kept that wild, untamed look.

"We love you too," he mused, smiling brightly. Dad was speechless with Mum standing tall and proud.