Chapter 17

It's been a couple of sunrises since Dustpaw and Reedpaw lost their memory, and I felt like they were becoming closer than they ever were.

There's still been no sight of Redeye since the fox incident, and Dustpaw now has a temporary mentor, Poppyseed.

Search patrols have been released multiple times a day, but all they can scent are small traces of fox that are bland and stale, and a mysterious odor that reeks of crowfood and dirt.

Jumpingjay, who has now somewhat healed but still has a large scar crossing his neck, insisted on setting out more patrols to take a closer look on the unordinary smell, and to find out what happened to Redeye.

Everyone in the Clan supposed he was dead, that he was captured by the foxes and killed, but some disagree with the theory.

Sparrowpaw has seemed to be slightly attracted to Deerpaw, a pretty light brown she-cat, and for some reason I've been intensely jealous and annoyed. I feel like the furball is just trying to make me go crazy.

Rumors have spread that DarkClan has been having a deadly and contagious disease that no one has heard of before, and they're calling it Black Cough.

Everything has been peaceful between the Clans, but an uprising between AirClan has spun out of control and is endangering IceClan, but for some reason FlameClan has nothing wrong between our enemies, or supposedly allies.

Rogues have been scouting our territory, and have left hints of chewed up squirrel and vole to give us fair warning that they're no scared of us, and once Poppyseed came hurling back to camp one evening, bleeding heavily from her leg, announcing she knew the name of one. She stated his name was Missing Foot.

She's been properly healed by Ashcloud and Volepaw.

Other than that, Featherpaw, Stormpaw and I have recovered from our accident, but we still have scars and scratches, but they're worn down and barely visible.

A lot has happened in just a few sunrises, and it seems that our usual collected matter has turned into a crazy mishap involving multiple different cats and species invading our peaceful environment.

Fortunately, Flamestar had suggested on battle training later today to clear our heads, and had invited Sandpatch and his apprentice, Applepaw, to come along with us, as well as Dustpaw, Reedpaw, Stormpaw, and Featherpaw with their mentors.

The thought of even encountering my father made me cringe.

However, I was excited to train with Applepaw.

As I waited at the exit of camp, my mind slowly lingered to the thought of going to my first Gathering. I've been waiting my entire lifetime to meet all the different cats that border my Clan, and now is finally my chance.

In just a couple more sunrises, I'll finally be able to meet new cats, and possibly make "allies", otherwise friends.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the cheerful voice of Dustpaw and Reedpaw, and I smiled to see them so connected after the short loss of memory of only just each other. It was weird how they only forgot of one another, but it seems that it was all worth it in the end considering they're practically in love.

I could see Sandpatch baring his teeth behind Applepaw and Stormpaw, glaring at the two toms as if they were cats invading our Clan.

Fury blasted throughout my body to know that my father was judging his son, who was practically his favorite kit, because he may or may not have feelings for Reedpaw.

But you know, that's just Sandpatch.

Foxheart, I scoffed under my breath, flicking my tail and trying to ignore his despiteful attitude.