A Grand Prize (requested: Riko x Akashi)

AkaRiko requested by banana_senpai

prompt: Have them together and competing against each other!

It wasn't necessarily the best night to go to an arcade. Friday nights were the nights everyone decides to head out and have fun, and that's exactly what the red head and brown haired duo had in mind. Actually, the idea of coming to the arcade belonged to the brunette while the idea of heading out together belonged to the red head.

The two opened the doors and entered the arcade, where the sound of kids yelling, video games, and the roar of machines that ran the bigger activities greeted their ears. Their eyes widened as they looked over the densely populated area.

"This is what you said in mind for our evening together, Aida-san?" Akashi asked, moving his eyes to look at her.

"I expected it to be crowded, but not this crowded." she said, meeting his eyes. Akashi only blinked. Riko looked back to the colorful and brightly lit area in front of her.

"I'm sure we can still have fun while we're at it. Let's go." Riko smiled, grabbing Akashi's hand and pulling him into the ocean of kids and video games.

The average age of the kids here was around 13, possibly 14. Although Riko and Akashi were older than these kids by a few years, their height allowed them to blend in with the crowd, or actually, helped Riko blend in. Akashi's red hair stood out like a sore thumb.

After the two visited the coin exchanged machines, Riko walked over to a video game, where a game was just completed by two younger kids. The two kids moved from this video game to the next, so Riko seized this oppurtunity and placed her hand on joy stick that was in the center of the board. Akashi followed.

"Let's do two players, we'll see who's the best." Riko smirked.

"How foolish of you to challenge me, Aida-san. You should already know that I will win." Akashi said, a small smile appearing on his face.

"We'll see about that." the brunette said, inserting the coins in the coin slot and pressing the start button, followed by the 2 player button. After selecting their characters, the two digital figures appeared on either side of the screen. The words "fight!" appeared in a bright green, and a time began to countdown three minutes. Riko began to move the joystick and pressed between two buttons to her right. Akashi did the same, except his movements were more fluid, pressing the buttons more gently and accordingly to his figure's movements unlike Riko, who pressed buttons and moved around widely in order to cause Akashi's character some damage. Akashi's character continued to beat Riko's, which made Riko angry and pressed the buttons more furiously. In the end, Akashi KO-ed Riko.

"Another round!" Riko stammered, slamming her fist on one of the buttons.

"If you insist, but remembers, our previous match will only repeat itself." Akashi said softly.

With more coins inserted and a new game beginning, Riko ended up losing to the red head again, except this time, she actually managed to hit his character a few times.

"Your joystick wasn't sticky like mine, it gave you an advantage over me." Riko pouted as the two of them walked away from their game and onto another location.

"If that's what you believe."

"It's true."

"If you say so."