Movie Night (requested Riko x Koganei)

Riko x Koganei requested by tumblr user

prompt: A fan fiction between ShinjixRiko please? Really appreciate :3

Movie Night

It was a cold afternoon in Tokyo, where Riko was finishing up the Seirin's basketball team practice. Everyone was tired and anxious to go home, so within minutes, the gym was empty and Riko was left behind, mopping the gym floors. She grew tired quickly, and after mopping the entire floor twice, she put the mop away and grabbed her bag and headed outside where she was immediately greeted with a gust of cold wind.

"Why is it so cold all of a sudden?" Riko muttered to herself.

The wind was so strong, Riko was almost blown off her feet, and she was chilled to the bone. Her jacket wasn't thick enough for the winter, she was afraid of getting hyperthermia.

There was a small bus stop where Riko took temporary shelter in. She allowed herself time to warm herself up which was rather impossible, the wind changing directions and blowing at her with extraordinary strength. Her hair pins were blown out of her hair.

"Oh no!" she said, making a grab for them, but they flew away from her sight.

"Dang it," she cursed under her breath. She walked with small steps, her body temperature dropping in each minute. She stopped and sneezed, her nose numb.

"Bless you," she heard a familiar voice.

"Thank you," she said automatically, but took a minute to realize that someone was there. "Wait, who said that?"

"Coach, you're cold, I live nearby, you're face is pale," he said, putting an arm around her and leading her down the street. When he called her "coach", she knew he was someone on the team, but the wind was so strong, she couldn't hear the voice clearly. He led her to a small house where she walked inside and was welcomed with a warm atmosphere.

"Thank you- uhm," she looked up at her savior and recognized the cat-mouthed basketball player," Koganei-kun?"

"H-hi coach, I saw you struggling out there and thought you should warm up a bit, you live far don't you?"

"I do, thank you," she said, sitting down on their coach, embracing the heat in the air.

"Make yourself at home coach, I'll make you some tea," he entered the kitchen.

Riko sat there and admired his home decor. It was homely, welcoming, she felt at home already. After several minutes, Koganei came by and handed her a steaming cup of tea that she drank whole-heartedly.

"Is your sister home?" Riko asked.

"No, she's at her university right now, I've been alone for a while," he said, scratching his head.

"I see," Riko sipped her tea.

There was an awkward silence between them. A gust of wind blew in, making an enormouse amount of sound outside their house. Riko jumped closer to Koganei, who blushed slightly.

"Will you be able to go home like this?" Koganei asked.

"In this weather? It's impossible now," Riko said.

"Will your dad worry?"

"He's probably stuck at the gym, I'll text him and let him know I'm stuck at a friend's house," she opeed her phone and sent him a quick text message.

"Well, so you won't get bored, how about we watch a movie?" Koganei jumped excitedly, but then realized what this moment was beginning to sound like, then quickly added," If you want to I mean, we don't have to-"

"I'd love to!" Riko smiled.

Koganei blushed, but then smiled back. He raced to his room and grabbed as many movies as he could and brought them out for Riko to choose from. She picked a favorite and he put it on.

"This movie is best with the lights dimmed, shall I?" Riko suggested.

Koganei felt his face turn hot. "S-sure!"

"Why are you blushing? It's just for the ultimate movie experience!" Riko said, turning the lights off and playing the movie. The two sat on the couch and watched the movie play before them. An hour into the movie, Riko yawned and leaned her head on his shoulder. Koganei became stiff, trying not to move, in order not to disrupt her. He blushed even more, unsure of what to do. A while passed and the movie came to an end where Riko sat back up and selected another, "This one?" she smiled. Koganei nodded and she slipped the DVD in. She resumed her spot on the couch. Koganei didn't want to tell her that the movie she picked was rather boring, so he went along with her choice.

Half an hour into the movie he was beginning to fall asleep. Aftetr waking himself up several times, he felt a small weight on his shoulder and looked to see Riko sleeping on him. The blood rushed to his face and he scratched his head, once again, unsure of what to do. He watched the movie for a few short minutes before falling asleep again, right on top of Riko's head. It won't be until the movie's loud ending that they'll both awake with a start, realizing that they have fallen asleep with each other.