Magazine Issues (requested Riko x Aomine)

AoRiko requested by @Thotsuya

prompt: AoRiko humor/fluff? Aomine reacts to Horikita Mai getting married (she really is) Riko comforts him

The world seemed to fall apart for the poor bluenette as he finished reading thw newest issue of the Horikita Mai magazine. On the front cover, she announced that she is now engaged to the "luckiest man in the world", and her wedding is to be held in a few months. Aomine threw the magazine onto the floor and fell to his knees, covering his face with his hands.

"I can't believe it! Mai is engaged? That means, she's gonna have kids soon, and kids means she's not gonna have her beautiful thin body anymore!" he whined on the floor, completely forgetting that he is in the middle of a bookstore.

"Excuse me, you're being a bit loud." one of the employees said, bending down and tapping his shoulder to get his attention.

"You don't understand, Mai has been taken from me by some-some stranger!" Aomine did a choking hand motion to an invisible figure in front of him, then proceeded to whine into his hands.

"Could you please quiet down, if not I'll ask you to leave." she said again, and walked away from him.

Aomine slide his fingers so his eyes were visible through his hands. He groaned, but not too loudly. His eyes darted from the magazine to the empty slot on the shelf where the magazine belonged. Upon looking at the magazine again, he complained loudly once more which resulted in Aomine getting kicked out of the bookstore. He sat on the sidewalk in front of the store in total despair.

"Aomine-kun? What happened to you?"

Aomine looked up and saw the brunette staring down at him.

"Tetsu's coach? What're you doing here?" Aomine asked, turning around so his back faced her.

"I should be asking you that, why are you on the floor?"

"I'm going through a period of emotional distress!"

"Why?"

"Mai-chan is getting married to a total loser!" Aomine cried, rocking back and forth on the floor.

Riko sighed, never has she seen Aomine act this way before. She knew he was a pervert, but she would've never guessed that he was actually emotionally attached to her as well.

"Look, why don't you solve this problem first by getting up and moving, you're in people's ways."

Aomine shifted and looked up, seeing a few pedestrians walk past him, one stepping over him. He brought himself to his feet but he slouched.

"She's just a model, I'm sure there are other models you look at."

"But Mai-chan, she's so big, she's my favorite, she's. . ." Aomine began to grab at his face again and his knees were about to give out. Riko quickly grabbed him by the back of his collar and dragged him away from the store entrance towards a bench where she sat him down.

"Aomine-kun calm down! Just because she's married doesn't mean she's gonna stop producing magazines-"

"Except every magazine will consist of her and her fiancé." Aomine cupped his cheek in his hand, propping his elbows on his knees.

Riko sighed again. "If anything, you should feel happy for her," Aomine flinched," she's gonna stay single forever. She would've eventually found someone, today, tomorrow, or anytime. You still have all her old issues, you can always read those."

"But then she'll become fat once she's pregnant."

"Well, that's what happens when you become pregnant." Riko bluntly said, raising her eyebrow. "You'll either have to deal with it or move on."

Aomine looked over at her and his eyes went straight to her chest, which Riko noticed immediately.

"What're you looking at?!"

"I wonder how empty that must feel."

"What?!"

"Looks like I'll have to move on then."

"Don't just change the subject that dramatically!"

Aomine stood up and stretched, his shirt lifting slightly to reveal his very well built body. Riko took a glance and was able to snatch a few numbers off his body.

"What're you looking at?" Aomine asked, noticing that.

"It's called analyzing eyes, I can see how well you're built. That's how I figure out how much I need to train my basketball players."

"You aren't very built up here," Aomine put his arms around his chest,"you should try wearing tighter shirts so it'll at least look bigger."

"Excuse you, you pervert!"

"Looks like I'm excused then, when you see Kagami, tell him I want another one on one game with him, bastard still owes me a rematch." he put his hands behind his head and was about to walk off, until he brought one hand down and patted Riko's head, which took her by great surprise.

"Thanks for dragging me out of there though." he half smirked.

Riko grunted, but responded with a "you're welcome", and watched him walked off.

As he left, Riko crossed her arms over her chest, cursing Aomine under her breath.