Chapter Fifteen

Just a couple of notes before the chapter, guys, sorry! First, I really wanted to thank that explosion of new readers on Property of a Gordon! It's odd knowing the story is still within the top 1000 Werewolf stories (and is currently #62!!), and I am so very grateful. Also, go and add ROWAN to your reading list, as I'll be working on that after this story. It's also a Werewolf one!

Chapter Fifteen

The next morning, Kai and I were summoned into Prince Gordon's office. I sat in the chair while Kai stood behind me, his fingers absentmindedly rubbing circles into my neck.

There was an enforcer present with us, but he stood next to the wall, staring at nothing in particular. I'd tried talking to him, only to receive silence. So I eventually gave up.

We were the only three present in the room. Martin had been in here when we first arrived, but he cast a look our way before leaving to find the Prince.

"Do you know why we're here?" Kai asked me curiously, but I could only shrug my shoulders.

"I know as much as you, kullake," I replied as he lowered his free hand, reaching for mine. I locked our fingers together, pressing my lips to his hand. In return, I received a soft one on my hair.

"I thought perhaps he told you last night." Try as he may, Kai wasn't able to keep the words from sounding bitter.

"Don't start, Kai. I am not in the mood to hear you cry like a jumbu," I snapped, hearing his huff in response.

"I love you, Kai, and only you," I whispered, and felt his lips on my hair once again.

I had wanted to add that if he stopped worrying about Prince Gordon, he would see that, but I then became afraid. If I gave him a reason to think about it, would he truly see that I loved him? Or would he have trouble, as I did last night? That alone was enough to keep my thoughts to myself.

"I love you too, my sϋda," he replied and I knew without looking at him that a smile had appeared on his face.

The door behind us was opened, and I squeezed Kai's hand momentarily before letting go to stand up. I could only pray that there wasn't any sort of conflict between Kai and Prince Gordon.

"Good morning, Prince Gordon," I greeted as he began walking over to his desk.

His eyes met mine and he smiled briefly. "Good morning, Ivy, thank you. You can sit," he said, gesturing to the chair as he sat in his own.

I sat down and felt Kai's hand on my shoulder, stroking it. It would appear affectionate, but I knew he was being possessive. However, I didn't think he was aware he was doing it.

"Tonight, your learning will come into play. All the manners and proper etiquette that you have been taught will be needed throughout the ball tonight. It is being held in honor of the both of you."

I had already forgotten about the ball Prince Gordon told me about last night. That meant tonight, Prince Gordon would meet his Princess and potential Queen.

"There will not be many attending; however, this event is significant. All those attending are of very high importance, therefore making a good impression is necessary," he concluded.

"And what happens if we make a bad impression?" Kai asked, and it took everything in me not to turn around and scold him.

Prince Gordon replied, not seeing anything wrong with the question. "Making a bad impression on them will not give them reason to help change the lives of your kind. They will not want to stop hunting and persecuting them if you do not portray the good of your kind."