Chapter Twenty Eight

I hope you guys enjoy ;) And thank you for your PATIENCE with me <3

Chapter Twenty Eight

"She always wears white!"

"Because it's her signature look. I'm the lead designer here for a reason. So get the damn white dress!"

The two had been bickering all morning, back and forth nonstop. They had told me they were sisters and admired me from afar until Prince Gordon gave them the chance to work with me. Now they were here and said they could not be happier.

"Here, here. You're going to look beautiful, Ivy. Just perfect." I smiled, laughing as she handed the dress to her sister, who twirled it while running her fingers through it and looking for any imperfections.

"Go try this on. We've wasted enough time with our fighting. Prince Gordon should be here soon," she said, handing me the dress. Before I grabbed it, I wrapped my arms around her in gratitude, surprising her. I beckoned her sister over, who excitedly joined the hug.

"Thank you. You are both too lahke for this world," I said right before the eldest of the two began fussing that we would ruin the dress and shoved me into the bathroom.

I put on the dress before marveling at the artwork in the mirror. The designer had put care and love into each thread of the dress. It was held together by thin straps that transformed into a v-neck collar.

It flowed down, a thin section tightening around my waist before gliding and spiraling towards the ground. There was a slit along the side all the way up to my thigh which disappeared when I stood still. My hair had been braided to the left of my face, curling over my shoulder and stopping a little above my waist. They had turned me from a leopardess into a princess.

I stepped out, hearing the two sisters quiet their side comments as they looked at me. The youngest squealed while the other smile in satisfaction, pleased with her work. "You look beautiful, Ivy. Not a soul can say you don't have that going for you."

I smiled, twirling around just as the door opened. As I faced it once more, I found Prince Gordon standing there, his eyes taking me in. I watched them flicker before he turned to the two sisters.

"Thank you for your work. One of the enforcers will take you to Martin who will give you your payment," he said, nodding towards them. They thanked him before saying parting words and leaving the two of us alone.

"Päästja, you look wonderful," I said, looking at him. He was wearing a dark grey suit with a dark blue collared shirt underneath. His blonde curls had been pushed back and out of his face, allowing his green eyes to stand out further. He looked handsome, as he always did.

He was still staring at me, redoing one of his cufflinks while his faded watch flashed, disappearing under his sleeve. "You are ilus, Ivy. No other word could describe you so perfectly," Prince Gordon said softly.

He walked closer before reaching out and running a hand along my jaw then down my braid and holding the end for a moment, staring at it with expressionless eyes. "You are ilus, my dear," he repeated, his eyes finding mine.

"Päästja," I whispered back, forgetting about the world surrounding us and everyone in it. My fingers gliding along his chin, resting behind his ear where a curl was tucked. I twirled it around my finger, mesmerized by how beautiful it was up close.

"Ivy, I-" he started but stopped, unable to find his words. I could feel him lean closer, his forehead pressing against mine, his nose mixing with my own. I felt my eyes drifting close against their will, my lips parting.