Chapter Twenty Nine

ONE IMPORTANT THING: I've made a book on my profile where you can submit summaries of your story if you'd like me to read it! I truly hope you'll check it out because I'm interested in reading your stories and works! It is called "Sharing is Caring"!

Chapter Twenty Nine

Just as quickly as his lips pressed against mine, they pulled away, startling both of us. I knew why I was surprised but was he startled because of the kiss or because it had been bad?

"Ivy, I-" he started, but his words were drowned out by my own thoughts.

The only person I had ever kissed was Kai and it was something we seldom did. Yet, I found my hands intertwining at the nape of his neck before pushing his mouth towards mine, both meeting once again.

His lips brushed against mine own, their softness equivalent to a flower's petals. I could feel him deepening the kiss, but my thoughts began betraying me and I found myself pulling away yet again. What I was doing was unfair.

"Ivy?" he asked, his voice holding a mixture of emotions, more than I was able to sort through.

I looked at him, smiling sadly. "I am sorry once again, päästja . I am confused about my feelings for both you and Kai. It is not fair for me to kiss either one of you when my heart seems torn in two directions. It is not fair for either one of you and is very inconsiderate," I said quietly, watching his expression grow more somber.

He pulled away after a moment, leaning back against his seat. "I would not be conveying the truth if I told you I was not disappointed, but I understand your reasoning, my dear. I promise to give you both time and space to sort through your feelings without any intervening," he explained, proving his words to be true when he moved to the other side of the carriage and sat there.

The ride back was quieter than I was used to, however, I decided it was for the best. Any talking we did would either be forced or go against what he had promised. Prince Gordon spent the time looking out the window while I did the same, my eyes straying to study him. However, he hid his emotions well, leaving nothing for me to examine.

When we arrived, he was quick to step out, offering me a hand. I smiled and thanked him. The moment I was out, he let go of my hand and instructed Martin to take me back to my room, saying parting words and then leaving. I could feel his actions cause my heart to tighten, but I said nothing as I knew what he was doing was only the correct thing.

Prince Gordon kept true to his word. I did not see him while I was preparing to leave for Kendall's land. His words were delivered through enforcers or Martin, but otherwise, it was as if he was somewhere else in the world. I found myself visiting Spirit to straighten out my emotions, but all he did was remind me of my päästja, both similar in their kindness and patience.

I also attempted cooking the roast, following Marlene's recipe just as it was written. However, despite given directions, I still managed to burn the roast. They had to evacuate the kitchen for a few hours while the smoke cleared and the cleaned the area. The next day, an enforcer knocked on my door delivering a roast with a note that said practice makes perfect. I smiled before deciding it was the second time that was a charm.

Perhaps Prince Gordon had blessed the roast before sending it my way, because this time I found myself dancing in the kitchen, celebrating my first successful dinner. I ate some, finding it to lack something, but was delighted it was edible. I left a note within Prince Gordon's office begging him to try it. The next morning I found a thank you note along with a string of words telling me he was proud of my success. I tucked his note into a drawer, promising to keep it forever.