Chapter Eight

I'm sorry for the late update!!! You'll be happy to know that most of the story is now mapped out and that as an apology, I'll be posting a Property of a Gordon Moment soon!!

Chapter Eight

"Try it again."

I frowned, confusion and frustration whirling through my mind. Why did anyone need a variety of spoons and forks? Couldn't you just use one of each for everything?

I wondered if Kai was having as much of a difficult time. The thought of him grumbling at his trainer brought a smile to my face before I hesitantly held up one of the numerous spoons.

Ms. Calloway buried her head in her hands, shaking it. I'd disappointed her once again. It was just too much for my brain to grasp about the different usage of silverware.

"To eat soup, you use the soup spoon," she explained, picking up an overly large spoon. "You can't use the table spoon for everything," she said, taking the spoon from my hand and setting it back on the table.

It seemed like hours before I finally understood which spoon to use when, although I still didn't know why it mattered. I'd used the 'table spoon' for everything before and never had a problem.

Ms. Calloway was finally satisfied and I took the opportunity to leave and find Kai. The more I thought about him, the more worried I was that he may have changed his mind about willingly participating in all the events.

I followed his scent and while it took a little time, I was able to find him. However, I couldn't say I was very pleased.

The room he was in was grand. And that was putting it simply. The ceiling seemed to touch the clouds and an enormous glass decoration hung from its center.

Prince Gordon was off to the side, watching Kai's interaction. His face didn't appear as soft as I was becoming used to, yet it was more neutral than anything.

I found my way over to him, my eyes narrowing at the girls who were giggling at Kai, finding any excuse to touch him.

"Good afternoon, Ivy. I assume your dining etiquette went well?" Prince Gordon asked, still watching Kai.

There were three girls surrounding him, each giving him a plethora of compliments on his body and dancing. What didn't help was Kai, who didn't make a single effort to push them away.

"Yes, thank you. And what etiquette is Kai going over?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"They are showing him the basics of ballroom dancing," he started, before he turned to look at me, a smile falling on his face.

"Come here, dear. You cannot possibly dance as bad as you cook," he teased, offering his hand. I laughed as I took it, momentarily distracted.

I'd never actually danced and Prince Gordon was quick to realize this. He was patient with me throughout the whole thing, softly giving me instructions on where to put my hands and feet.

Pretty soon, we were both working together, in sync with one another. He led the both of us with ease, still whispering instructions every now and then, and I began anticipating his movement.

I had never realized how beautiful, yet intimate dancing was. It had beauty in its harmonious moves and intimacy in its closeness. Kai was the only other male I had even been this intimate with.

One of his hands were on my waist, radiating warmth. It blossomed and bloomed from the spot, powering the smile on my face. The other held my hand, guiding us both with discrete flickers.