Chapter 12...

I walk slowly behind Thorin hiding behind pillars as he walks to the kings quarters. Then he stops and starts chuckling. "You're completely obvious Edlyn, you can just stop following me now!" He says sternly. So I step out of the shadows.

"You heard me talking to my father...what did you hear?" I walk up behind him.

"Plenty...so you want to be a serving girl?" He turns around lifting a brow.

"I was supposed to speak with Balin last night."

"Like I didn't hear that conversation either, believe me you wouldn't want to work here. Go back to Dale where you belong...if I had a father like that I wouldn't want to leave him either." His face saddens a little my heart feels shattered.

"Let me...let me work here. I want too." I quickly say. Thorin's face becomes a little more serious.

"No." He snaps.

"Why not?" My heart starts pounding. He slides his hand on my face brushing his thumb over my lips.

"Cause I don't want you too." He whispers. "Leave...Edlyn. I bid you farewell." He backs away dropping his arm to the side and the turns around. I let out a deep breath as I watch him walk down the hall. I've never had a guy touch me like that before, why am I so drawn into the dwarf. My stomach is going crazy, I think I like him more then I hate him.