Chapter 39...

I've been living in Erebor for a week and a half now...things are growing cold. Thorin is becoming distant, we have hardly talked since the day he and his grandfather got into a huge fight. I'm starting to fall homesick, my friends have not visited me once. I am lead to believe they are mad and that they feel as if I have betrayed them. My father has sent me at least three letters...I don't know if I can stay in Erebor much longer. I only stayed because of Thorin and now he hardly says anything to me as if I am nothing. I am tired of being ignored by him it feels like a knife in my heart.

I push open the bedroom doors and start walking down the hall. "Good Morning Lass!" Dwalin pops out of nowhere and I almost jump out of my dress.

"Morning Dwalin...have you seen Thorin?"

"No...not for awhile actually." He says dropping his head then Frerin comes around the corner. "Frerin, have you seen your brother?"

"No. Not since last night father and him got into it..." Fear crosses me.

"He didn't come to bed..." I start panicking. "What if something happened! Will never find him with all this corridors and rooms!" Frerin places his hands on my face.

"Hey, I'm sure he's just downstairs Edlyn...everything is going to be okay."

"No, Frerin! He's hardly said much to me since last week. I think he's depressed and I don't know what to do!" I start freaking out and hyperventilating.

"Dwalin, will you take Lady Edlyn back too Dale so she can see her father. I think she needs to see him and I need to find my brother." Frerin says turning to him then he turns back to me. "Is that okay Ed?" I gulp looking at him. "Why don't you guys take Dis as well?"

"Okay..." I say and Dwalin nods. Frerin kisses my head then Dwalin hooks his arm in mine. We walk to Dis's room. I knock and after a minute of waiting she opens the door rubbing her eyes. She smiles brightly when she sees me standing there.

"Hey Sweetie? Would you like to go on an adventure?" I ask.

"Oh! Yes! I love adventures!" She jumps up and down. "Hold on!" She shuts the door for a few minutes when it's opened again she is dressed and ready to go. Her long hair is even brushed out. I grab her hand and all three of us go to the Grand Hall. We saddle up on our horses and head to Dale.