Chapter 22...

Thorin and I arrive at my house. I stop in front of the door looking at him. "Thank you for everything, I'm sorry I bothered you and your people again. All I wanted was answers."

"I know...I should be going now. Goodbye Edlyn..." He drops his head a little.

"So quickly? Please...come in and rest a minute." I grab his hand pushing the door open. I pull him inside and continue to shut the door.

"I should really get back to my duties." He holds my cloak out to me, I grab it but I still don't want him to leave. My eyes go to his hand as he grabs the door handle. My heart is beating faster than it ever has and butterflies in my stomach have grown out of control.

"Will I ever see you again...?" I ask moving out of his way.

"Maybe." He grabs the door handle and I swear everything in me explodes so I quickly step in front of him.

"No! No...I don't want you to go yet Thorin." I look into his crystal blue eyes. He shifts on his feet, dropping his head.

"I'll stay only if you answer one question?" He quickly says.

"You wouldn't answer mine what makes you think I'll answer yours." I huff.

"Then move."

"Fine...what Prince?"

"Do not call me that!"

"But that's what you are..." He leans into my face.

"You are forbidden to call me that...now tell me the real reason you came back to Erebor?" He asks still leaning in my face.

"To talk to you about why I couldn't stay there...why you woudn't let me."

"Liar..." It rolls off of his tongue when he says it.

"I am no liar! It's true Thorin! Why? did you think I came back, for you?" I scoff. He stands up straight.

"No of course not," I hear a hint of embarrassment in is voice. I instantly regret what I just said because I think that it is the truth.

"You like me you just don't want to admit it!" I feel the heat burning worse in my cheeks. he chuckles.

"You got it wrong, if that's the situation then why are you the one getting flustered? Plus I already told you-"

"That you would never be with a peasant, I get it Thorin! And I did lie alright, sure I wanted answers but I've grown fond of you and your family...I like you even though you can be crude and-" He slides his large hands on my cheeks and before I know it his lips are pressed to mine. I'm so shocked that I don't even get to kiss him back. He pulls away quickly.

"Here's the answer to your question, I won't let you stay in Erebor because I fear that I may fall in love with you." He lets out a breath he was holding in.

"And that's bad...?" I cross my arms.

"Ed, we are two completely different people-"

"So!?" I cut him off. I start to panic a little because I want to be with him but I also want to be with my father and friends.

"I'm sorry Edlyn...be safe don't venture too far in Middle Earth." He grabs the door handle and leaves. Once the door shuts I take a deep breath but then I start to hyperventilate. How could someone do that and then just leave. I lean on the arm chair trying to catch my breath, my side starts to burn. When the door flies open my heart jumps into my throat.

"Eddy!" Milly screams. I turn away from her and bring my hand to my mouth trying my hardest to catch my breath. "Ed, what's wrong?" She walks over and grabs me.

"I just feel ill." I choke on tears.

"Edlyn please tell me what the problem is? I missed you...I'm your best friend." I turn around facing her, tears starting to run down my face.

"It's nothing really...I'm just extremely happy to be home." I wipe my eyes and force a smile. She gives me a huge hug and try to forget about everything that has happened between Thorin and I.