xxxi -proposal-

*Spencer's point of view*

On our last free day, when we were back in Virginia, I wanted to take Heather out to a restaurant.

She stood in front of the wardrobe, debating on what to wear.

I sneaked behind her, moving her wet after-shower hair to her right shoulder and kissed her neck.

"Wear this one.", I mumbled against her skin, pointing to the dark blue sparkly dress she had worn to our first date, "it's my favourite."

Heather hummed, not being sure.

Meanwhile I gently laid my hands on her hips and pressed my fingers in her tower clad skin, pressing her closer to me.

"Wear it, it's my favourite.", I repeated, whispering in her ear this time.

I turned around to get dressed as well.

She decided on wearing an elegant black dress that I bought her once and black pumps as well as a necklace bearing three claret gems.

We got to the car and I drove us to the restaurant we had went to on our first date.

I opened the doors again so that Heather could walk into the restaurant before me.

We sat on a table and ordered a bottle of wine first.

I was really nervous and hoped that Heather didn't notice how sweaty my hands were and I wished that I would appear calm.

I'm sure she'll like it and I'm convinced that she'll say yes.

I reminded myself of what my mother said.

I wish you could see the way she looks at you. The way you both look at each other.

Heather and I went through a lot together. I mean, I had been kidnapped before we met for the first time in the hospital,on the first day we worked together we sat beside each other and listened to what our fist case together was: the Mojave Desert.

I remember our first kiss outside of the club some of our colleagues were dancing in, she had worn a black dress and was slurring but she made me feel like fireworks were going off in my stomach.

She still managed to make me feel like that.

The garçon came to our table again and asked what we would like to eat.

We ordered and then thanked him as he made his way back to the kitchen.

"I really enjoyed spending this week with you, Spencer.", Heather said and I agreed.

"I told you my mom would love you!", I said, proving that I had been right.

Our food arrived and we began to eat and we held casual conversation during that.

"This tastes so good! Do you want a bite?", Heather asked, extending her hand with which she held her fork.

"Just when you also taste some of this deliciousness.", I smiled also extending a fork.

Heather gave me a thumbs up and we continued to eat.

Since it got pretty late, I paid for our food and we got outside where I wrapped Heather up in my jacket.

"Look at all those stars!", she awed suddenly, as we walked down the street.

She stopped and threw her head into her neck, staring at the dark night sky.

"Reminds me of our first date.", she said, looking back at me, biting down on her lip.

I nodded, looking at how the street lights reflected on her skin, making her glow and look absolute stunning.

I let go of her hand to kiss her on both of her cheeks, her nose, her temple and on her shoulders.

Then I put one of my cold hands on her hip and the other one on her cheek, then I leaned in to kiss her on the mouth.

When I broke the kiss, I got down on one knee, searching for the ring-box in the pockets of my pants with shaking hands.

I then remembered that I put it in the pocket of my jacket and got it out quickly, nervously grinning up at Heather, who looked very shocked now.

And then I finally asked her if she wanted to become my wife under the light of the street lamps and the sparkling stars.

"Heather Jayce, I love you more than anything and want to ask you now if you want to make me the happiest man on earth and marry me, please?"

"I- uh..I", she stuttered, looking down at me.

***a/n: okay it's not the longest chapter, I know but I promise that I'll make the next one as long as I can! (Just two chapters left guys :( )