Chapter 4

*(F/G) means favorite game*
-your Pov-
The tears were still running down my cheeks as he tried to hug me, but he just ended up wrapping his arms around me awkwardly. I sniffled as he brought me inside. Karkat sat me on the couch and offered me a drink. "So how did this all happen?" He asked me in his rough voice. I couldn't help it. I explained everything. "So you don't know how you became a mermaid?" Karkat asked a little loudly, and I nodded.

Ding Dong! The door bell rang in distance. "It's just a friend" he shrugged and I let out a breath. He got up and answered the door. My eyes widened. Karkat walked back into the room with none other then Jake. Jake gasped a bit when he saw me sitting there, and started angrily speeding over to the couch. He grabbed my shoulders and shook me. Then asked me a question. "Your a human?" I slowly nodded and closed my eyes in fright. "(Y/N) how long?" I didn't answer him. "(Y/N) HOW LONG?" I whimpered. "LET GO OF HER SHITSPONGE" Karkat yelled and tried to get him off me. "Since when do you give a fuck about someone?" Jake turned to Karkat. I opened my eyes and looked at Karkat's face. He had a strange look plastered to his features for a split second.

I got up quietly while Jake's back was turned and slowly moved away until I was on the other side of the room. "(Y/N) I'm sorry I got angry at you. I won't tell the others, but if you need anything come to me." Jake says calmly walking over the Karkat. "May I talk to you in the other room?" Jake asked him.

-Karkat's Pov-
I nodded and walked into the next room. "When are you going to tell her?" He hissed at me. "don't tell her anything, or I'll fucking..." I drifted off. "I would prefer my past be left behind." I said after thinking for a while. Jake nodded and said. "I know you like her." He turned and left the house. Probably going to see Jade or something. One day I'll tell (Y/N) about me. One day.

-Your Pov-
Karkat came back into the room and grimaced at me. I stood there a little shocked. I didn't expect Jake to react like that. "DO YOU WANT ANYTHING TO EAT?" He asked me. "Anything but fish." I said loudly, and he snickered. "HOW ABOUT (F/F)?" I smiled and said yes. After eating I asked him a question, "Do you have any video games?" He smirked and said "YOU WANNA GO?" He ran up stairs and grabbed (F/G).

After playing almost 15 times and after him losing about 15 times he yells in frustration. "YOU ARE SO CHEATING" I giggled and said "or your just really bad" "YOU WILL PAY FOR THAT!" He threw his controller across the room and started tickling me. "St- haha op!" I giggled. "NEVER" He started tickling my sides. "AHH! I'll do any- hahaha thing!" I screamed. "Promise?" He lowered his voice and stopped tickling me. "Yes" I said panting from so much laughter. He smiled and said "LET ME SWIM WITH YOU." I sighed "fine" then looked down and pulled down my sleeves a bit more. I didn't want him to see my scars. Why did he have to chose to swim with me of all things. I am so ashamed of my mermaid self.

"EARTH TO (Y/N)" he said waving a hand in front of my face. "Sorry" I squeaked. "Why were you frowning?" He asked as I came back into focus. "Nothing" I looked away from his face. "You don't need to tell me." He sighed. I raised my head and looked over his shoulder. It was almost sunrise. I jumped up and ran out the back door to the small cave. "(Y/N) WAIT!" Karkat yelled in the distance as I dived into the water and swam away. My tail was back.

I sighed releasing bubbles into the salty water. Why can't I just be human all the time? I let out a few more breaths and swam back to Rose's cave. She was still sleeping so I decided to lay down and sleep as well considering I was up all night. Maybe I would visit Karkat later. Even if he deserves someone way better then me.
-----------
I awoke to Rose shaking me. "(Y/N)! WAKE UP!" She yelled. "What?" I said sleepily. "The sea witch knows about you. She said that you must go on trial, or you will be killed!" I let out a deep breath. Everything just keeps getting worse and worse doesn't it?