Chapter 19

-Your Pov-
"Jade I'm going to try and turn back into a mermaid and get this thing checked out." I pointed at the cracked necklace. "I'll get in touch with you as soon as possible!" I hug her and she hugs back. "I know it may not be a while (Y/N), but I want you to have this." Jade hands me a small ring with a (F/C) gem in the center. I hug her and set out to the beach. I make sure Karkat isn't home and I go to the cave. I run my hand along the smooth stone walls, and take a deep breath. I dip my toes into the water and focus all my energy into the the cracked stone. It starts to glow a bright (B/C) light, until it engulfs me. I feel my tail start to form, and my fins lengthen. Then the necklace gem shatters and my tail reverses. I'm left as a half-mermaid once more.

I stand up and pick up as many pieces of the the gem I can find. I put them into a small pouch I brought with me in case it shattered. I sink into the water and test the gills on my neck. Luckily I can breath under the water with them. I kick my feet and move my arms getting used to swimming properly again. I swim to Rose's cave. "Hey rose, I think I have a problem..." I can still talk underwater, that's good. Rose turns around and gasps looking at my appearance. "How did this happen?" She says flabbergasted. "Terezi cracked the necklace that allows me to switch from one form to the other. I tried to change back into a mermaid and the gem shattered. I collected as many pieces as I could. Do you think you could look at it?" I pull out the small pouch and show her the pieces. "I'm afraid I can't fix this. The spells cast upon it are too complex for even my expert level. The sea witch did her job well. Whatever Terezi used to break this must have been powerful!" Rose explain after carefully examining the shards in the bag. "Hmmm" I said. Terezi only used a bobby pin the crack the pendant. What did she do to that bobby pin?

"I think you should see the Sea Witch. She created the gem in the first place. From what I can see the gem is made completely of spells. That is why you are stuck in this form." She gestures to me then takes my hand and starts swimming towards the palace. "Hey Rose! Wait? ... (Y/N)?" I heard Dave yell in the background. Rose and I stopped swimming and Dave swam to us. "Why are you so... Human looking?" Dave asked. "Spell mishap." I shrugged. "Ah, and Rose I was wondering if you could give me something to prank Dirk?" He smiled evilly.  Rose sighed and answered him, "Dave, I once again need to remind you magic is not a play thing! Let's go (Y/N)!" Rose grabbed my hand and pulled me away. We swam past the guards and knocked on the Sea Witches door.

Rose explained what had misshaped with the gem, and I explained how it was broken. "It will take me a few weeks to fix it, but I believe I can. I am still perfecting these spells, and I will try to fix this charm as a challenge." She holds up the pouch of shattered pieces, "thank you for collecting these. I also would appreciate if you stay underwater while I am fixing it to help me test and improve the strength of the charm. You are dismissed." I bow my head "yes mam" I say and Rose and I leave. "I hate being stuck in this form!" I protested and swam with Rose to her cave.

-Karkat's Pov-
*karkat have flashbacks*
**after school**
"Hey Terezi!" I greeted her after school. "Want to hang out at my place?" I asked her. "No! You j3rk!" She slapped me on the cheek. "1 s33 th3 w4y you look 4t h3r!" She screamed and glared at me.
**next flashback**
"What's going on?" I ask Terezi. She hadn't talked once at dinner. "You don't look 4t m3 l1k3 you us3d to!" She glared at me. "4ll you w4nt 1s h3r!" She stormed out of the house.
**next flashback**
Terezi and I were watching my favorite RomCom together. "Why c4n't you look 4t m3 l1k3 th4t!" She yelled. "1 know you only s33 h3r! Why 4r3 you do1ng th1s to m3?" She turned her back to me. "Terezi... I-" "don't m4k3 up 3xcus3s!" She screamed and slapped me on the face hard. Then pushed me to the ground. "Why c4n't 1 b3 3nough for you?"
**flashbacks end**

Did I really hurt Terezi like that? Have I really been neglecting her?