Chapter 9

-Karkat's Pov-
The blue moon finally showed from behind the clouds while Eridan was still groaning on the ground. The beautiful moonlight made (Y/N)'s skin glow. She looked like an angel. The moonlight transformed her magnificent (B/C) tail into a pair of legs. Why was she transforming if she's dead? I ran back over to her and felt for a pulse. There was nothing. The moonlight began to heal all her cuts and bruises. I felt for her pulse again, except this time it was there. I felt a tiny thud against my finger, then another. Her eyes fluttered open and she looked into my eyes. "Who are you?" She asks. How can she not remember me? What did he do to her? I turned and glared at him while I picked her up and took (Y/N) to my house.

I laid her on my bed gently. She fell a sleep upon impact with the pillows. I grabbed a blanket and went to sleep on the couch.

Next morning

I heard foot steps up stairs. Wait? Foot steps? Shouldn't Y/N have a tail? I rolled off the couch onto the floor, and pulled myself up. She came running down the stairs and yelled, "WHERE IS ALL MY STUFF? WHERE ARE MY PARENTS, AND WHO ARE YOU?" I took a deep breath and tried not to yell, for yelling will just make everything worse. "You have been deemed missing for months, your parents moved away, and I am the owner of this fucking house." She looked confused as if she was trying to remember something. "What is today?" She asked. "It's the 13th of August" I replied. She furrows her eye brows in frustration.

It was a blue moon, and it healed her. Were her thoughts so horrible it healed them too? Was her tail the cause of her pain? Or just a side effect?

"What's your name?" (Y/N) asks me and I answer. "Karkat Vantas. I tend to yell too much and use the word fuck in every single sentence" she nodded.

I heard the back door open and Eridan walked in. His eyes widened when he saw (Y/N) standing in the living room. "Wwhere's your tail" he asks her rudely. "What tail?" She asks even more confused. I pull Eridan into the other room.

"Eridan!" I hissed at him. "The blue moon healed her or some shit, and now she doesn't remember the last two fucking months!" I finished explaining, and he stood there thinking for a while. "Havve you tried putting her in water?" He asked me. "NO!" I yelled sheepishly. "Wwell Kar, I'm going to clean myself up. Talk to you later" Eridan walked up stairs. I went into the room with (Y/N). "Do you want to go swimming?" I tried not to yell. "Sure!" She went up stairs, for her swim suit was hanging in the bathroom.

She came back down in a few minutes holding two towels. We made our way to the beach in silence. I wonder what she was thinking. "(Y/N) I have a secret swimming spot over here." I said pointing to the cave entrance. She saw where I was pointing and ran inside. I followed only to get splashed by her canon ball. "REALLY? THIS WATER IS FREEZING!" I yelled and I heard her laughing. I shielded my eyes as she splashed me. I looked up and she still had legs. She wasn't a mermaid? I need to know what the hell happened to her, and I think only one person can help me.

I spent over three hours swimming with (Y/N). We came back to house as Eridan tried cooking. "Wwhere is the fish?" I heard him yell when I opened the door. I spent most of the night showing Eridan human food as (Y/N) giggled at us on the couch.

Later that night

They were both sleeping. The coast was clear, and I made my way out of the house. The Sea Witch told me to use this in an emergency, and I guess this could be considered one. I held the small seashell charm in my hand and muttered the words engraved on the back of it. I jumped into the water and felt my tail and gills start to form. I missed the feeling of being free in the water, but now was not the time to explore. I swam strait to the palace , and knocked on the door to her room. "Come in" a voice said from the other side. I carefully eased the door open, and greeted the last person I wanted to see at the moment.