Chapter 24

-Karkat's Pov-
I stomped to the address she had given me. It was an old timey kinda home, with huge oak doors and vines growing up and down the walls. Huge signs that read "The Real Mermaid!" Were plastered almost everywhere! I stumbled up the steep steps and found the door unlocked and half open. I carefully peered into the open door. There was a crowd of people circling a large tank. I felt anger flow through me! (Y/N) had to be in that tank! She had too! I ran through the door and shoved everyone out of the way.

Everyone backed away from me. "WHAT? HAVE YOU FACKASSES NEVER SEEN SOMEONE ANGRY BEFORE?" I said sarcastically. A few people in the crowd nodded no. I soon realized they weren't looking at me, but rather what was behind me. I slowly turned around. The man from the news report was standing behind me. "That's a nice necklace!" I heard him chuckle. He knew. I held up my fists at the ready. Did I really need to fight? He raised a gloved hand holding a shiny silver knife. Do I need to fight dirty? I readied my fists and swung. Only for my knuckles to meet the knifes edge. I grimaced in pain. I could feel the candy red blood running down my arm. The crowd gasped "his blood... WHATS WRONG WITH HIS BLOOD?" Someone yelled in the crowd.

I turned around only to be given glares and worried glances. Did they really think I would hurt them. "Never leave your opponent unattended" I heard the man whisper and a sharp pain in my back. I fell to my knees on the ground with a sickly bright red blood pooling around me. I heard more voices talking, but couldn't make up what they were saying. I tried to pull myself up but fell back down and blacked out.

-Your Pov-
*have flashbacks*
I was pulled out of the cars truck and dragged into an old house covered in vines. I looked into the mans eyes. I could only see hatred, and greed. He saw me staring, "gawking at people is rude. Tsk tsk." He shuffled back over to me and hit me on the backside of my head. Everything blacked out.
*next flashback*
I awoke chained to an operating table. Thankfully I was still in human form. Then blinding lights were turned on and I quickly closed my eyes. "Are you scared?" He chuckled. "Now, time for some fun?" He clapped his hands and started stripping off my clothes. When all I was wearing was a bra, tank top, my necklace and my underwear he took a break. "This looks pricy." He licked his lips and roughly pulled my necklace off. The second the necklace was off my tail was back. I heard him snicker and pull out his knife. "They weren't lying..." He laughed darkly and made his first incision.
*next flashback*
I gasped and opened my eyes. The blinding light burned, but I knew better then to shut my eyes. Closing your eyes is like asking for him to do his worst. "My little experiment, it's time for one more test!" He smiled and held up a needle. Inside the needle was a strange green glowing liquid. He grabbed my arm to hold it still and injected the shot into a blue vein. "Strange, how this chemical causes one to forget love." I struggled against the zip ties holding me down. What can I say? I love Karkat! I could hear the doctor snickering at my attempts.
*flashbacks end*
Who was that person standing there? Why is the crowd giving him those looks? I placed my hands against the glass. Why do I feel like I know him?
((Okay, cliffhanger... But I was wondering how old you guys think I am based on my writing? (If you know me IRL, hush) please comment, the winner gets somefin special))