Chapter 25

-Karkat's Pov-
When I woke up up my necklace was gone and I was strapped to an operating table. The bright lights were blinding my eyes but I still squinted at the figure towering over me. "Your little fish friend didn't do to well with this experiment" he held up a needle with a glowing chemical inside. "I believe I've fixed the issue. You see the problem with the last chemical was it only caused her to forget the one she loved." He wiped my arm clean where he planned to inject me. "I have fixed it now. Now it will cause the test subject to forget the feeling love, forever!" The scientist burst into chaotic cackles.

I glared up at him, for there was something he didn't know. Something the Sea Witch had given me. I uncapturelogged my sickle and sliced the rope that held me down. All mermaids who were given an enchanted necklace had the ability to capturelog and uncapturelog items. I held up my sickle at the ready. That monster wasn't taking my feelings for (Y/N) away from me.

I quickly scanned the room with my eyes. My necklace was about five feet away on a desk. He also turned his head to look at my necklace. I smirked. I had used the shell one last time, but I never dried myself off. If I just dry off the few drops of water that remain on me I can get the necklace! I never kept my eyes on him while I used my hands to try and quickly dry myself off. He took one step forward then another. I used my hands to scoot backwards on the table. A bright light embraced the room. I felt my legs form and my gills go away. I got off the table while the light dissipated. I grabbed my necklace and ran out of the room. (Y/N) was still inside the tank. I ran over to her and started climbing the maintenance ladder to the top. "I'm here to help you" I hissed. Her face broke the surface of the water. "I'm going to free you! Please let me help you!" I whisper yelled. She swam closer to me and I picked her up out of the water and held (Y/N) in my arms. I smiled at her and started running to the exit.

I set (Y/N) down on the ground. "I'm going to find your necklace. Be quiet and stay here." She nodded and a jogged back to the lab. When I came through the door he was standing there. "Do you want this?" He held up (Y/N)'s (B/C) necklace. I smirked "STRIFE!" I held up my sickle and charged.

-Your Pov-
The guy from before carried me into the bushes a few houses away from the lab. He said was going to come back with my necklace.

It's been 15 minutes since he left. I can hear rustling nearby.

One of the scientist's henchmen comes out of the bushes. The moment he lays eyes on me he smiles. "The boss is gonna love this." He walks over to me and ties up my arms then picks me up. I squirm and try to get away but it's to no avail. I'm shoved into the back trunk of a car once again. When it finally opens I am greeted by the bright light of the sun and familiar surroundings.

-Jade's Pov-
Karkat's been gone for a long time... The news has been broadcasting videos and photos of (Y/N) titled as "the real mermaid", but lately there has been a new title "the real mermaid goes missing." There has been no sign of her. I've been trying to use my powers to find (Y/N) but haven't had any luck.

-Karkat's Pov-
I charged at the monster that has partly ruined my life. If he made (Y/N) forget the one she loves... I will know her true feelings. I will know if she really kissed Sollux, or if he kissed her. I will know if she loved me back. I aimed at the scientists head causing blood to start gushing down his face. I threw a punch at his nose, and jabbed him in the chest with my sickle. More blood, and a sickening cracking noise rewarded my efforts. He bent down onto his knees. I snatched (Y/N)'s necklace and left him to die. All I need to do is go get (Y/N). I'm sure the Sea Witch can help me reverse that chemical he injected her with.

I approached the spot where I hid her, but found it empty. Very empty. Terribly empty. There was a small note pinned the the tree.

Nice going midget boy. She's our mermaid now.

No one signed the letter, or gave any hints to where she was. I guess I have a long time until I can finally be with the person I love...

((A/N: hello guys! I am 14 years old. The winner has been messaged. Thank you for reading as always! -Author Person))