Chapter 16

-Your Pov-
Karkat started throwing small crumpled up pieces of paper at me. I kept ignoring him. If he feels like he can be a jerk to me then I can be a jerk to him. I heard the bell ring. I jumped up from my seat and hurried to my locker. While gathering the stuff for second period I found a note. It wasn't Karkat's handwriting. It had to be Terezi. I think.

K4rk4t 1s m1n3 now. YOU B3TT3R ST4Y 4W4Y FROM H1M! 1f you don't, you w1ll p4y!

I felt the shivers running down my spine as I read the short note. I went to my second class. I just hope none of them are there too! I walked into the quiet room. I was the first student there. The teacher told me where to sit and I placed my things on the tiny desk. I hope no one knows me in this class! A few students walked in, none I recognized. Then Sollux walked into the room. The teacher pointed to the spot next to me... I turned my head so he couldn't see my face. Please don't see me. Please don't see me. Please don't see me. "What'th your name?" He asked me nicely. I ignored him. Please leave me alone. Please leave me alone. Please leave me alone. "I don't think you heard me, thorry. What'th your name?" He held out his hand for me to shake it. Then the teacher started talking and he was forced to leave me alone. She was calling off names to see who was here. "John?" "here" "Nepeta?" "here" "Sollux?" "here" "(Y/N)?" I didn't answer. He would know. "(Y/N)!" The teacher said louder. "Here" I said. I could feel Sollux's eyes on the back of my head. Why can't he leave me alone.

"Today you will be starting a project. I have assigned everyone partners" the class groaned. "Yea yea. No choosing. I will name off the groups, and you will get with your partner. Then follow the instructions on the board." Please be with john. Please be with John. Please be with John. "(Y/N) and Sollux" the teacher yelled when she finally got to my name. "What'th up sweet cheekth?" Sollux asked me. "Sollux I am not interested in you. After what you did to me I could easily hate your guts. I will offer you my friendship, and that's it." I said in a voice somewhat louder then a whisper. "Fine" Sollux sighed as if he had just lost the lottery. "Now let's get started" I said and opened the textbook.

I finally finished half of the day and went to lunch. I saw Jade and she pointed to the spot next to her. I smiled and set my tray down. I looked around the table. I saw Karkat, Terezi, Sollux, Kanaya and John but didn't recognize the other people. "Oh! Everybody this is (Y/N)!" Jade almost shouted. "(Y/N) they are Sollux, Karkat, Terezi, Tavros, Vriska, Equius,and Nepeta. You already know Kanaya and john!" Jade pointed to each person when she said their name. I smiled and Karkat glared. I started eating my food, and everybody started talking.

-Karkat's Pov-
Ugh! Why can't (Y/N) just leave me alone. I want to get her out of my head. I can't stop thinking about how nice she is, her smile, how she puts her hair behind her ear, how she's a merperson like I am. I was hoping Terezi would make me forget about her, but it seems like dating Terezi has made me want her more. I need to get (Y/N) out of my life before my feelings become a living nightmare.

-Your Pov-
The first day of school is finally over. Jade and I were walking back home. "Do you want to grab an ice cream?" I asked her holding up a twenty dollar bill. We went to a small place that Jade said has the best ice cream in town. I got (Ice cream flavor) ,and Jade got Mint chocolate chip. "I forgot how boring school is!" I exclaimed in between each spoon full of ice cream. "I know! I already have a butt load of homework!" Jade said after finishing her ice cream. "Jade? Do you mind if I go swimming when we get home?" I asked thinking about asking rose for a therapy session. "Not at all as long as you do you homework first!" Jade said, pointing her spoon at me as if it were a sword.

We got back to her house, and worked together to finish our homework. I put on my swimsuit and a long (F/C) sun dress. "I'm going to the beach!" I yelled through the open front door before I closed it.