Chapter 18

-Your Pov-
The alarm screamed in my ears. I slammed my hand on it and rolled out of bed. I got off the floor and found some clothes. "JADE!" I yelled. "ARE YOU MAKING FOOD?" I asked at the top of my lungs. "Yes..." Came a very sleepy reply. I shuffled into the kitchen. "That smells awesome!" I muttered when the smell of delicious food engulfed my nose. Jade smiled. "Scrambled eggs and toast!" I sat down and waited for her to finish cooking. I had completely forgot about Sollux. Jade set two plates of food on the table and we dug in. "Were going to be late." I said in between mouthfuls. I put my plate in the sink and grabbed my back pack. I ran out the door and started jogging to school. Jade caught up and started jogging with me. I rushed to my locker and grabbed my things. I quickly sat down in my first class out of breath. Karkat wouldn't look at me the whole time. Throughout the school day I didn't see Sollux once, and Terezi kept making faces at me at lunch. I got home,and did my homework. It felt as if nothing has changed, weeks pass. Nothing changes. I visit Rose and Feferi every now and then. My job with Kanaya pays well, and I feel like when I met Karkat everything was a dream.

I got ready for school and started walking with Jade. "I'm going to the bathroom, see you later!" I said to Jade and hurried to the lady's room. "H3llo (Y/N), h4v3n''t s33n you 1n 4 wh1l3." Terezi said. She approached me with a small bobby pin and smiled. "1 w4nt you to st4y f4rth3r 4w4y (Y/N)" Terezi jabbed the bobby pin into the center of my necklace. I fell to the ground in pain as I felt the merperson energy flowing through my veins once again. The necklace had cracks running through it, but it didn't shatter. "By3 by3" Terezi waved and left me on the ground. I walked over to the mirror and examined my appearance. My ears were pointy and fin like. I had gills on my neck and two small fins on my arms. My skin was tinted a green-blue color.

I gasped. Crap! I pulled my (H/L) hair over my ears and pulled my shirt up to my neck. I made a run for it and ran into the house. I looked at my necklace again. Transforming into a merperson or human would shatter it for sure. I waited at home for Jade to get back. It's time to tell her I'm a mermaid. It's time to stop keeping secrets.

I heard the door open a Jade walk in. I locked the bathroom door and talked to her from behind it. "Jade?" "Yes?" She answered. "I-i need to tell you something, but only if you promise not to tell a-anyone..." I said. "Okay, please open the door" I unlocked the door and heard a small click. I slowly open the door so she could see me. "What happened?" Jade asked curiously. I explained how I went missing, and became a mermaid. I also explained my feelings for Karkat, and that Terezi cracked my necklace. I explained everything.  Jade smiled at the end of my story.

"If your no longer keeping secrets I won't either" Jade said and smiled. "John has the ability to control wind, and I have some powers over space. Most of our kind believe all magic comes from the sea. You have no idea why your a mermaid, I believe the sea chose you! Sorry (Y/N) I don't know how to fix your necklace. Maybe shattering it would be a good thing, even if your stuck as a mermaid." Jade said. "Wha?" I said confused. "You should ask the person who gave you the necklace to fix it." "Oh" I replied.

-Karkat's Pov-
It's been weeks since I tried to forget (Y/N), but the feelings never go away. Terezi continues to bully her, And make her jealous. The weeks have past, and the feelings I possess have grown. I gave up on school work, and have grown distant from my closest friends. (Y/N) hasn't been at school for a few days. I'm worried, but I should just leave her be, and let her go. Like the stupid quote. If you really love someone, let them go. If they love you back they will return. I let her go. She isn't coming back. What have I done? I had something perfect and I threw it away. Damn! Why can't I just get over her. Every time i see Terezi's face I see her. When Terezi smiles I see (Y/N)'s smile. It's like (Y/N)'s face is burned into my eyes, and won't heal.