Chapter 23

-Karkat's Pov-
I saw Eridan talking to Terezi that backstabbing little sack of fish shit. I stormed out of the school. Who gives a shit about education anyway. Especially when the one you love could be in grave danger! I ran to Jade's place and banged on the door. "WHY HAVENT YOU GUTS BEEN COMING TO SCHOOL? WHERE IS (Y/N)" I was now repeatedly slamming my fists into the door. "OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!" I screamed and almost fell when the door opened abruptly. "WHERE. IS. (Y/N)?" I commanded at the top of my lungs. Jade took a deep breath "We don't know where she is anymore..." John nodded as if to acknowledge what she is saying is true. My voice cracked as I spoke "YOUR L-lying. Tell me where she is!" I knew what they were saying was true. Jade placed a hand on my shoulder as if to comfort me. "Come inside. I'll show you something." She said. I walked into her cozy home and sat on the couch. She showed me a news recording on the T.V. My jaw dropped. (Y/N) was on a fucking display! A display for everyone to see.

I jumped up from the couch and ran out the door. It's time to set everything strait. It's time for the truth! I arrived at the cave panting. Once I caught my breath I said the spell and dived into the icy water. My candy red tail was back and I swam to the palace. I arrived in the Sea Witches room. "I need a fucking necklace" I yelled. "And why should I grant you that wish?" The Sea Witch said with a smirk. "Because I am finding (Y/N)!" I demanded. The Sea Witch frowned with worry. "Fine." She handed me a necklace with a candy red gem. "Karkat, I recommend you talk to Rose before you head out." I nodded and left the palace. I swam to Rose's cave, but it was empty. I sat down inside, and waited for Rose to return.

-Rose's Pov-
After visiting the Sea Witch, Feferi and I arrived back at my cave, but my cave wasn't empty. A person with a familiar candy red tail was waiting inside. "Karkat?" Feferi and I said in unison. He turned to face us, a grave expression on his face. "I need to know where (Y/N)'s parents live." He spoke in a monotone voice. I nodded and showed him on my orb. "If you follow the coast for about five days in this direction" I pointed to the map on my orb. "Then you should be able to get there in about a week." He nodded. "Thank you" he left my cave and started swimming.

-your Pov-
*have flashbacks*
I went inside the house with my parents. I explained everything. Why I went missing, that I was a mermaid. They believed me. They remembered me. "I love you guys!" I hugged them both.
*the next day*
I woke up with a huge pain in my forehead. My arms were tied up, along with my feet. I had duct tape on my mouth and I was in the trunk of a car
*later that night*
The car came to a stop and the trunk opened. I was greeted with the face of a man. He smiled wide, "what a pretty experiment you are."
*the next week*
My necklace was gone and I was trapped inside a huge glass tank. He was preparing the decorations for when the public got here.
*2 days later*
Another camera was accidentally dropped in the tank today. I can't remember much anymore. Every time I get shocked the memories fade. I know my name. I know I'm trapped, and I know I need to escape.
*flashbacks end*

-Karkat's Pov-
I've been swimming for about six days. I'm almost to the shore. I'm almost there. I'm going to find (Y/N)! I'm going to fix everything.

I walk up the beach to the house Rose showed me on her orb. I rang the doorbell, and two people answered. "Hello, I've come to see your daughter." I said with a small smile. "I'm afraid we have never had a daughter, sir." The man tried to close the door on me. "I'm afraid this conversation is no longer going to be pleasant" I growled and forced the door open. I held up my fists. "WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU SEND (Y/N)!" I threw a punch at his face. I made contact with his jaw and heard a sick cracking noise. "We gave her to the doctor" the woman said in fright and tried to close the door. "WHERE THE FUCK IS THIS DOCTER!" I said in my rough voice. She gave me the address and slammed the door. "I WILL BE BACK, AND YOU WILL PAY!" I yelled and started walking to the address she had told me.