Treetops

Michael

'Michael will you hurry up.' Luke yelled behind him to me.

'I'm coming.' I said running up to him walking beside him now.

'Do you think it's even still there?' I asked.

'I don't see why not, I mean I hope so.' He said looking at me with a hopeful look.

'Yeah, me too.' I said as we continued to walk.

We walked by the old yellowed house that held so many secrets. Walked past the familiar brick wall of our elementary school that still held growing innocent minds.

After passing by the fire station we knew we were about a mile away and what was left was just tall grass and deserted fields.

'Look! There it is.' I said pointing to the tall old oak tree and we looked at eachother before we ran to the tree.

We ran like we never ran beofre and soon enough we had arrived at the roots that littered the tall unkept grass.

'The stairs are here and everything.' Luke said as we walked up to them.

'I can't believe that it's still here.' I said looking up at the mass of a tree house that was held in the oak tree that Luke and I use to go to when were younger.

'Well let's go.' I said and started to climb, Luke soon following.

We climbed the familiar stairs and finally made it inside. Although it was a little dusty and smelt of rain it still held all the emotions and memories we had when we were younger.

'I can't believe it's still here.' He said as we walked around the small little wooden square that was littered with our old posters and various things from our childhood.

'Me either.' I said as we took a seat legs cross as we began to reminisce.

'I remember when I first came here, I though that it was abandoned but then I found this little blonde boy in the corner who had obnoxiously long legs.' I laughed remembering that we had met eachother for the first time in here.

'Yeah I was scared cause no one's ever come in here before and here was this little boy with crazy messy hair.' He joked.

'But look at us now.' I said.

'Yeah, going off to college in the fall and leading different lives.' He said with a smile.

'Before we leave though I just wanted to let you know how I feel.' I said looking at him.

'Okay.' He said.

'I have um started to have feelings for you, feelings that you usually wouldn't have towards a friend but I just wanted to let you know and it's okay if you don't have the same ones I mean it's totally okay I mean I wouldn't want to-' I rambled but was cut off with a pair of lips.

I grabbed the back of his head deepening the kiss as we moved closer to eachother.

'I feel the same way Mikey.' He said as he place his forehead on mine with a smile.

We stayed there the whole night kissing at the treetop.

-Hii

Short ik but I think it's super cute (-:

Love you