Steady Beat

I opened my eyes to an unfamiliar room. Where am I? I got up, my legs are sore, but why? Why do I have bandages on my wrists? I sat down on a couch in front of the TV and turned it on.

"Shut up Cat I'm gonna be late for class!!!"
"He's the hottest guy in school how do you not like him!?"
"I just don't like the fact that every girl in the school drools over him! I would like him but ehh I'm me.. He wouldn't like me!" I started running down the hall and could hear my papers ripping off my binder rings. I was about to open the door and Zach was opening it from the inside, and fast! The door hit me and I flew back.
"OHMIGOD I AM SO SORRY GRACE!!!" Zach said as he pulled me off the ground, I looked into his eyes and... WOW........
I didn't really talk to Zach, I just knew him as that funny, cute, and very popular dude that every girl in the school was drooling over.
"I'm fine," I pretended to giggle, "he likes girls that giggle.....right?" Everyone says that... Hope it's true!
"You have a nice smile, and a cute fake giggle!" Zach laughed, oh GAHD! His eyes, his smile, his laugh, P E R F E C T!
"Thanks, you do too...."
"I didn't giggle but okay?!"
"Uh... Sorry!! I meant smile!!" I blushed, omfg
"We should probably get back inside.." Zach opened the door and we walked in.
"What's your excuse this time?!" Mr. Hanson glared at us.... I got really uncomfortable.
"Umm.. Are you blind?! I just hit her with the fricken door!!" Zach pointed to me, the whole class started laughing..... UGH!!
"Well Zach.... Grace probably deserved it!!!"
"Are you serious!??! SHE IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRL IVE EVER SEEN AND THE SWEETEST!! YOU BETTER SHUT THE FUCK UP BEFORE I-" I pulled on Zach's arm, he looked at me to tell me to shut up and continued... "You're supposed to be the teacher! Not hating on students and bullying them, especially not the most precious ones, fucking asshole!!"
After being in the principals office for a few hours, we finally left and skipped the rest of the day. We were hiding in a room that was pretty small. We sat in awkward silence for a bit.
"You're really cute....." Zach smiled
"How am I cute? You're popular, don't you have standards??" Zach laughed at me.
"You're cute, believe me! I've liked you for a while.... And no I don't have standards."
"Zach, you could have any girl in the school, and you pick me? The weird, stupid, idiot, that has a shitty ass life and wants to kill herse-" I stopped and realized what I just said-
"What?!?!?" Zach said in shock and disbelief, he rolled up my sleeves and his jaw dropped.
"Wha- why!!!"
"My mom killed my little sister, she threatens to kill me every single day!" I broke out in tears.

I snapped away from the TV and realized my daughter and sister were right by me.
"She killed you?!" My daughter said
"Yes" Emily responded, I looked back and the TV.

My head was on Zach's shoulder and I was crying, he had his arm around me.
"Do you maybe want to go on a date sometime?" Zach asked
"Where?"
"We could go to this ice cream shop?"
"Sure!" I looked Zach in the eyes and looked at his lips, then back at his eyes. Both of our eyes were locked on each other and we were about to kiss, but I got a phone call. We jumped as my phone went off, I put the phone on speaker.
"New phone who dis?!" Zach said, but nothing...
"What the fuck do you want mom?!" I rolled my eyes
"The school just called me, said you and some guy cussed out a teacher and SKIPPED CLASS!!"
"Umm.. Only I cussed out the teacher cuz that dumbass be yellin at my babe!!" Zach smiled at me.
"Your babe?! You mean my daughter? That ugly ass little girl that I wish was never-" I ended the call
"Hey, don't listen to her, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen!"
"Thanks, but I know I'm not!"
"Yes you are! You're amazing!"

We finished our 10th date, wow......
"Grace will you be my girlfriend?" Zach asked as he was down on one knee, he even had a cute ring!!
"YEESSSS!!!" I hugged him as tight as I could and he put the ring on my finger. We looked into each other's eyes and kissed........our first kiss, wow! It was magical!