Remember??

"You don't remember me?! I hit you with the door at school and that's how we started talking. We went on a million dates, we snuck around, we got high together, I got you pregnant, I tried to save you from the explosion!! We've been through so much!! How do you not remember me?!"
"I'm sorry, I don't remember any of that....." Grace said, she felt bad, I could tell by the sound of her voice. Mom walked out with Cassie to give us time alone.
"You don't remember this?!?" I grabbed her wrist and her eyes widened as she saw the cuts, she was freaking out.
"How did those get there?!? What?! Did I do that?!? I CUT???"
"You tried to kill yourself, I was waiting for you to wake up, just like I have been for the past 5 days!"
"What?! Who are you? Are we dating??" She was trying so hard to remember and it hurt knowing we probably have to start over.
"We're actually going to be parents in 5 months...."
"FIVE MONTHS!!"
"Yeah."
"Wha- since when?!"
"At my birthday, your 'mom' got you high, you got me high and we had sex...." Oh god this is all probably confusing the hell out of her!!
"What do you mean my 'mom'? Cassie is my only mom."
"Never mind..."
"What's your name?!" Grace asked, right then and there I broke down. I started to cry, my baby for sure doesn't know who I am!
"Zach, but..... You always called me.... Daddy" I wiped away tears, and tried to make it stop, but I couldn't. I'm breaking down, I'm a huge mess!
"Don't cry!! I'm sorry I don't remember you!! I want to, but I- I can't think straight!"
"Because you were in an explosion with me."
"What?"
"You were kidnapped, raped, and I showed up right before the bomb went off to get you out but- I tried to get us out and shattered my arm!"
"You must've loved me...."
"I still do," I barely managed a smile.
"Zach I'm so sorry for not reme-"
"Don't be, I should've just ran with you, we would both be gone together."
"What do you mean gone?"
"You were blacked out, we both would've died."
"Oh..."
We both were silent for a few minutes.
"Can I ask you something?"
"Of course," I half smiled
"Can we leave? Maybe I'll remember something if we go into rooms, maybe it will trigger memories by going places and doing things we used to!!"
"I don't think you can leave for a few days, but we can try to convince them to let you go." At least she wants to remember who i am, and our past. That's good right?
"Try please! I don't wanna be here." I walked out and found the doctor by the front desk.
"When can she leave?" I asked
"She?"
"Grace....."
"If she can walk fine, today, normally we keep them here for a few days after waking up because they can't walk. But if she can then you're good!"
"Okay," mom came over to talk to me, what am I in trouble for?
"Zach, I still can't believe you went in that building, knowing you might die just to save Grace."
"Well yeah, I'd do anything for her!"
"It takes a real hero to do that Zach." The doctor added, I smiled and walked back to Grace's room.
"He said if you can walk fine, today!!!" Grace immediately sat up and took a deep breath. She hopped off the bed and lost her balance, I grabbed her by her waist to keep her up, she looked at me for a minute. I looked down at the ground and she pulled my head up.
"You have the most gorgeous eyes, you know?"
"You've told me."
"Right yeah, I keep forgetting that I have a past, things happened but I have no clue what! It's so frustrating!!"
"You'll remember soon," I noticed she was shaking and her lips were turning blue. She sat on the bed and I grabbed a couple blankets, slipped off my shoes and got in the bed next to her. I had my arm around her, she was snuggled up next to me with her head on my chest. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.