Chapter 3

Author's Note;

This chapter is Ubber Long and Unedited. Hope you like it.

Merida's POV;

After my ride with Angus, we headed home. Seeing a large shadow flying over head, i looked up. To my surprise, a large bird flew over head, probably close to the ground, but it looked off. It was large and black as it was contrasted with the sun, but it looked like it had a tail?

I must be seeing things. Its probably just a large eagle holding a snake or an eel.

Tying  Angus up to the stables, i ran inside to find my Mother, pacing frantically in the throng room. In a turn, her eyes locked onto mine.

"Merida, where i have you been?" she asked almost panicked, placing her hands on my shoulders.

"I was out riding Angus, i told you that a while ago," i explained, her tensed look quickly softened.

"Oh dear, I'm sorry sweety, but something has come up and i we need to cancel your lessons today till i sort this out," she looked exhausted.

"Whats going on?"

"I'll explain later, but could you go find your Brothers for me, dinner will be ready soon," she asked, cupping her cold hand on the side of my face.

"Alright?" i questioned. she gave me a smile and left, heading down the corridor.

That was strange.

But i didn't question her, at least, not now. Over the years, Mother had been doing her best to keep me informed on everything that has been going on in the Kingdom. But as that my Twenty First birthday is fast approaching, she hardly gave me the time of day. My lessons have been less frequent, and i found out that i have been getting more and more request for suitors that my Mother has generously been declining until i had a chance to meet them for myself.

I've been hearing rumors that a woman of royal status, who is not married before she has reached the age of Twenty-one, she can not be crowned Queen. But those were just rumor's, right? I asked Mother about this and she just seamed to be changing the subject more and more each time i brought it up.

I can't disappoint my Mother again like i did when i was fifteen, but i wont be involved in an arranged marriage. 

Letting it slide for now, i focused my thoughts on finding the boys, which was hard. The Princes where now eleven, and have mellowed out a bit, but still seamed to find the time to terrorize poor Maudie and the other Servants.

I found it hilarious, my Mother, not so much.

Walking down the Halls, i heard a shrill of a familiar scream, followed by the crashing sound of pot and dinner wear. Maudie bolted out of the Kitchen, nearly knocking me over. Found them.

Peeking in the Kitchen, Harris, Hubert and Hamish where laughing hysterically as Hubert hung upside down from the chandelier. His long red hair tied in a ponytail, out of his face. The other two were hidden under the table, not trying to suppress they're uncontrollable giggles.

I leaned up against the door frame, arms folded over my chest as i tried to suppress a smile. "You know that Mom will take away ye sweets again once she finds out about this," i stated, they stopped laughing, but they're smiles never faded.

Hamish got out from under the table and leaned over it, giving me his devious grin. His red hair was cut short, but long enough to pull half if it out of his face. It looked like a little bears tail. "What, are you going to tell her," he mocked.