Chapter 31

Author's Note;

quick chapter update. I'm getting so close to the end that I couldn't wait. Please bear with me, for I have to go to work tomorrow. (well, the remainder of the week) I'll still be posting as soon as I can. Thank you all so much for your Comments and Votes. It means the world to me when I get to read your guy's comments.

Again, this is Unedited, so please enjoy and don't judge me too harshly.

Ta ta for now, lovelies

Merida's POV;

After everything that has happened, we began our destination back to the battle. Flying overhead, seeing what was left of the battle. Many of Drago's men surrendering and/or running away in defeat. All of our people seemed to have gotten injured minorly and being treated, or still strongly fighting. 

"Right there!" I suggested firmly, Pointing at a clearing just north of the battle. I saw my Father.

Coming in for a landing, seeing my father watching. He ran straight for us along with four other Vikings and Scottsmen and my two brothers. "Merida!" I heard my Father shout as we dismounted Toothless. After finally being on solid ground after some time, my legs felt gelatinous.

"Father!" I exclaimed happily, as I jumped into his embrace. Feeling other arms wrap around us, I saw both Hamish and Hubert join in.

"Merida, what happened to your back?!" Hubert exclaimed in a panic, bringing father's attention from our embrace to a worried frenzy towards my wound.

"What?!" he stated in a panic, carefully gripping onto my shoulders, but I firmly pushed him away.

"I'm alright," I exclaimed calmly, mentally smacking Hubert for stating the fact of my injury. He looked down at me as if he didn't believe me.

"Where Is Drago?! I'll Kill Him!" He shrieked, Turning around dramatically, as if he was standing right behind him, holding out his sword ready to strike.

"Your Majesty!" Hiccup interjected, carefully placing a hand on my lower back comfortably. It was as if it was the most natural thing for him to do. It made my heart flutter uncontrollably, yet soothed my nerves. Father looked down at him intently, waiting. "We came back to tell you all that Drago is dead."

"What" Father gasped, getting everyone who was in earshots attention as they waited for him to explain.

"We were in flight over the Cliffs. I was able to knock him off his dragon and he fell towards the ocean where the Bewilderbeast caught him."

"You mean that massive beast that rampaged towards us?" Hamish gasped. I nodded wordlessly, letting Hiccup continue.

"The beast froze him and dropped his body into the ocean," he finished calmly. His eye contact with my Father never wavered.

"If you are sure--" he began, but both Hiccup and I gave him a look that ready "really?". He then knew that we were serious. A smile pressed his lips.

"Then let's get these people off our home," he gleamed eagerly, turning to face the soldier that was listening in.

"Drago is Dead!" Dad bellowed loudly. His voice carried for miles as he threw a fist in the air in victory. Word quickly spread like a wave, seeing the war slowly begin to die down. Seeing father find a large boulder, he stood firmly on top of it with all of us surrounding him in support for his next words. Hiccup took my hand.

"Your torturous leader has fallen dead into the hands of his own dragon! As King of DunBroch, and as I speak for the Viking of Berk! I demand you to leave this land! Unless you want to share the same fate of your leader and meet with him in the bottom of the ocean, then approach me now!"