Chapter 29

Author's Note;

I'm just writing then posting it as soon as I'm done. Please don't judge it sounds rushed or wrong. I'm proofreading as I'm writing. I want to get this finished for you all as soon as possible. I've waited for this story long enough and you all deserve closure. Thank you for your votes. They mean the world to me. Enjoy my lovelies. Ta ta for now.

Unedited

Hiccup's POV:

Holding Merida in my arms, she seemed to have gone into shock. After Drago yanked the dagger out of her back, her blood just kept seeping out. I tried protesting, calling out to her as I held her in my arms, but she wouldn't respond. 

Merida. . . . . 

Ripping the cleanest part of my shirt, I balled it up and stuffed it onto the wound. Using her dress's fabric to hold it in place. 

Blood started to slow but didn't stop.

"Too bad, having her for a young wife would have been a treat. At least neither one of us gets to have her now," I heard Drago say wickedly. Rage filled my soul.

Carefully, I set her down in the dirt. Ripping off my leather breastplate, placing it underneath her so dirt doesn't get in her wound, adding more pressure. 

"Don't you dare talk to her like that," I scolded quietly, staring intently at the woman how laid so still. Suppressing my tears, stroking her cheek one last time before I got on my feet.

"What was that?" Drago presses, not hearing what I had just threatened.

"Don't You Dare Talk About Her Like That!!" I shrilled, charging forward, striking my blade straight into his head. He dodged, pulling out a  sword from his cloak. How many weapons is he hiding?

Striking hard, each collision of medal brought a jolt to my entire body. Shaking me to my very core. Tears streaked down my face. Fear and rage commanded all my movements. I was no longer thinking clearly. Each strike was made by pure instinct. Each contact and miss pissed me off!

With a heavy strike, Drago threw my back by the force of his blade. Taking the moment to see my surroundings. Breathing heaving as sweat dripped down my forehead and neck, my vision only locked on to his. A weak smile broke his stern face.

"Now this is who I wanted to see," He laughed. Confusion struck me in what he was referring too. "You are not this smooth, collective Viking who wants good. When it comes down to it, you and I are just the same. We want blood."

"We may be similar in that way, Drago," I stated firmly, looking over my shoulder to still see the unconscious Merida, my heart became more lively. "But the difference between you and I is that I have Something to Fight For!"

My words seem to make him flinch. Turning on the switch, flames coursed over the blade, radiating it with a hellish glow. The fire seemed to have been a perfect representation of how I was feeling. Merida was my fire, as well as Berk, DunBroch, Her and my family. All of them needed to be protected from this monster. All of them was my fire that kept me burning. kept me fighting.

"Grawhhh!!" Drago screamed, raising his sword overhead, he charged towards me. Dodging just as his blade came thrusting down. Swinging towards his feet, he jumped.

Pain warmed my side from all of this fighting. Feeling the blood seep through the stitches, I tried to ignore it. I didn't even realize that I broke open my stitches. I need to end this soon or I'm going to lose my ability to keep on fighting.