Chapter 13

Author's Note;

A quick update, I know. I still had some time off before I head back to work tomorrow. So I hope you enjoy this. Let me know if it sounds rushed. I hope it doesn't, but its hard to tell when you're looking at this so one sided. Thank you all of your support and motivated words. I love reading your comments. Please enjoy. Ta Ta for now lovelies.

Unedited and super long

Merida's POV;

Watching my father breath, hearing my mother's cries and my brothers' whimpering, I needed some air. My Father was now in good hands and Lord Macintosh was getting treated for his wounds as well. My emotions were getting so overwhelming that I felt that I couldn't catch my breath.

I left, noticing my mother watching me walk out though she didn't follow. She knew that what I needed right now was space. It was too crowded in there, but it's too dangerous to be outside. I was trapped inside these walls.

Making my way down the hall, finding my quarters, I notice Hiccup and his Mother coming back into the castle. They were alone though. Where were their other comrades?

Ignoring my door, I followed them to where they stood on the steps.

"Hey," I called out, drawing they're attention from each other to me. Nervously, I approached them. "Where are your other men?" I asked. They both looked exhausted.

"I sent them back to Berk," Hiccup explained, scratching the back of his head nervously.

"What? Why's that?" I gasped, seeing they're hesitance in answering me.

"I wanted them to inform Berk about Drago's appearance. He's too dangerous to ignore. Whatever his reasoning is in being here, he brings a threat to us all. In both my Clan and yours," Hiccup informed, seeing him glance over at his mother as he spoke.

"Oh," I sighed, not entirely sure in what to say to that statement. I know nothing of this monster, yet he knows so much of him. Anything can help, even if that means more men arriving in our aid.

"I will be leaving tomorrow," Hiccup's words interjected my thoughts.

"What?" I breathed, looking at him straight in the eyes. His face was so smooth with confidence but looked so pained. Why was that? "Why? Are you both leaving?" I asked, looking at both him and his mother. A faint smile formed on Valka's lips.

"No, sweetheart," she cooed graciously.

"Just me," Hiccup added softly. "I just need to go back to talk to my people. They need to hear it from me about the mission and not rumors. I don't need my village to be in a panic, but I promise, I'll be back," he smiled so sweetly. Seeing the warmth in his words made my heart flutter.

"Oh, okay, well," I paused, thinking of what I wanted to say in the first place. His smile just seems to have gotten me all flustered, I forgot what I wanted to say before this whole ordeal had started. "I-if it's just going to me you and your mother, I should show you where you two are going to be staying. We were going to set you up near our servants quarters, but that was before everyone left and when everything happened. Ma wants you all to be near us," I said, then gestured for them to follow me up the stairs. "We have a couple of spare rooms near mine and my brother's rooms, you're more than welcome to sleep there if you like."

"Thank you so much," Valka rejoiced as her and her son followed me to their temporary quarters.

Reaching the doors that were located just down the hall from my room. Just across from Harris' room was a single door, and just down the hall was another door.